Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Any idea why Fiorentina would have a lower rank than us when they reached the final of this very tournament last year? 

Can only imagine it’s because Italy has a lower rank than England.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Any idea why Fiorentina would have a lower rank than us when they reached the final of this very tournament last year? 

Well they finished 8th in a Serie A which is a lower ranked league… so I’m guessing that the final appearance doesn’t add that much? The coefficient is a bloody mystery tbh

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Osasuna banned, Bilbao will now come in. This doesn’t affect our seeding. 

I seem to remember Osasuna being banned would be bad for us but can't recall why

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I seem to remember Osasuna being banned would be bad for us but can't recall why

Because there was a chance for Seville to qualify, but since they won EL they would go to CL, even though, they didn’t even finish 10th I guess. They were the only threat.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

So coefficients are worked out over a 5 year basis. Fiorentina hadn't been in Europe for the previous 5 years until last season. Therefore they used Italy's average national coefficient last year, i.e. all Italian clubs points from the last 5 years and then divided by 5 to get their coefficient. Fiorentina's own club coefficient was zero, heading into last season.

Their accomplishments last season then earned them 20.000 coefficients points and that is what they start with this season as it is higher than Italy's average national coefficient for this season. Any points they earn over the next 4 years in Europe will increase this total.

The same thing would apply to us, Newcastle and Brighton for example as we as a club are starting with 0 points due to not qualifying for Europe for the past 5 years.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

Possibly some ACF Violation?

Edited by sne

2024 Conference Final is confirmed for Athens in the new AEK Athens stadium which has an official capacity of 31,100.

Ireland played Greece there a couple of weeks ago and there were issues where a number of gates wouldn't open for the Irish fans and a lot of them were stranded outside for a long time with the game going on.

Can totally understand why therefore, UEFA would pick this stadium knowing their reputation.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 2

31 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

2024 Conference Final is confirmed for Athens in the new AEK Athens stadium which has an official capacity of 31,100.

Ireland played Greece there a couple of weeks ago and there were issues where a number of gates wouldn't open for the Irish fans and a lot of them were stranded outside for a long time with the game going on.

Can totally understand why therefore, UEFA would pick this stadium knowing their reputation.

Good news for @messi11 and @SecretVillaScout who have already booked their flights

• Haha 1

On 27/06/2023 at 12:56, NoelVilla said:

It will be Rapid Wien then. 

Its Personal Revenge GIF - ItsPersonal Revenge JohnWick - Discover & Share  GIFs | Keanu reeves, Person, Revenge

Makes me wonder if they have any idea how much we're looking at this as a potential revenge job. 

Almost as if we're the Coventry in this rivalry field. Euww...

On 23/06/2023 at 19:21, Ceemo said:

So coefficients are worked out over a 5 year basis. Fiorentina hadn't been in Europe for the previous 5 years until last season. Therefore they used Italy's average national coefficient last year, i.e. all Italian clubs points from the last 5 years and then divided by 5 to get their coefficient. Fiorentina's own club coefficient was zero, heading into last season.

Their accomplishments last season then earned them 20.000 coefficients points and that is what they start with this season as it is higher than Italy's average national coefficient for this season. Any points they earn over the next 4 years in Europe will increase this total.

The same thing would apply to us, Newcastle and Brighton for example as we as a club are starting with 0 points due to not qualifying for Europe for the past 5 years.

For the first time in my life I am regretting dropping out of that PhD in advanced maths.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Makes me wonder if they have any idea how much we're looking at this as a potential revenge job. 

Almost as if we're the Coventry in this rivalry field. Euww...

wonder if they still have the banner?

Aston Villa suffer recurring nightmare as Rapid Vienna inflict damage again  | Europa League | The Guardian

• Haha 2