Europa Conference League 23/24

HalfTimePost

great news. with liverpool away 3 days after the 2nd leg, it's important that we have an easier tie. hopefully it can be largely put to bed in the first leg

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i dont see anything official saying Juventus wont play in Europe this season, has anyone else seen anything official?

I think it is yet to be *officially* confirmed…   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Now juve are out, surely we going to be one of the favourites 

Alongside Eintract, Fiorentina, Bilbao, Lille, AZ, Basel, Gent and Brugge. I think we might be around 6/1 or 7/1?

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Wouldn't want to get florentina, Bilbao or Besiktas. everyone else seems fine.

I'll be on holiday in Bilbao on the day of the first leg (pure coincidence, booked it months ago) so I kinda hope we do! 

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So 8th favourite to win it?

No, I make us favourites, the bookies may put the first two or three, ahead of us or on a par with us, but I wouldn't want to bet against us. ;)

5 hours ago, John said:

That's a tremendous result for us and we haven't played a game yet!:)

Bring on Rapid (again)! 

I know the grass is always greener, but I feel like the bigger games against possibly harder opponents are actually on the other side of the draw. I wouldn't have wanted to face Eintracht but after them every other side on our side of the draw looks beatable, but then you've got Fiorentina, Bilbao and Besiktas on the other side which you would all expect to be very hard games. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I know the grass is always greener, but I feel like the bigger games against possibly harder opponents are actually on the other side of the draw. I wouldn't have wanted to face Eintracht but after them every other side on our side of the draw looks beatable, but then you've got Fiorentina, Bilbao and Besiktas on the other side which you would all expect to be very hard games. 

besiktas are a big name from years ago...the turkish league looks pretty pants these days. it's where we ship all our dead wood off to. aside from athletic bilbao and possibly fiorentina, no one in the unseeded section worries me whereas i could name 4 or 5 on the seeded side that i wouldn't have wanted to play

Looking at both sides seeded and non seeded ill be honest there doesnt look like much in it. You have some shit teams and some good teams in both sides. We shouldn't fear anyone

Id say the better news is juventus are not in it now which makes it abit easier

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2