Harvey Barnes

Delphinho123

On 11/06/2023 at 19:42, villarule123 said:

I kinda want to sign him just to piss the Leicester fans off more. 

How the mighty have fallen...this time last year we were having our giggles about Arsenal!

Purslow out!

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Leicester fans seemingly think they will get £50m+ for him? He's not going to cost that much surely? I'd have thought relegation would have halved his fee?

That cannot be legit, surely? £50m is big  money still. Like top class players, if not world class. Barnes isn't anything like that and never will be.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Leicester fans seemingly think they will get £50m+ for him? He's not going to cost that much surely? I'd have thought relegation would have halved his fee?

Why would relegation half his fee? He scored 13 goals in a relegated team. I'd say his value wouldn't drop at all.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

The irony is that most the stuff I’ve read  is Leicester fans moaning about him. Now they expect £50m? 

He can’t be as bad they say if they genuinely believe thst valuation.  

22 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why would relegation half his fee? He scored 13 goals in a relegated team. I'd say his value wouldn't drop at all.

Because relegated teams don’t generally get to set what fee they’d like, They’re often forced to sell their better players due to wages or the player looking to leave.

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Clubs who are relegated need to find ways to adjust in not receiving c.£120m a season in TV money.  The current record purchase from the Championship is £41m for Nathan Ake by Man City.  Only three times has a player moved for over £20m (Sissoko from Newcastle to Spurs for £30m and Wijnaldum from Newcastle to Liverpool for £23m in the same season are the other two).

There is not a **** chance that Leicester are receiving £50m for Harvey Barnes.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

We need some pace in the team.....He has it in abundance.

I agree. 

Unfortunately unless the manager wants to give himself more options, Barnes also plays in a position we don’t employ. Although as I’ve said before, the reason we haven’t played with a left winger might simply be down to the fact that we don’t have one? 

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Clubs who are relegated need to find ways to adjust in not receiving c.£120m a season in TV money.  The current record purchase from the Championship is £41m for Nathan Ake by Man City.  Only three times has a player moved for over £20m (Sissoko from Newcastle to Spurs for £30m and Wijnaldum from Newcastle to Liverpool for £23m in the same season are the other two).

It will be another one over the 20m threshold though. 

Probably just over 30m would be my guess based on the insane market we have today.

Would like to hope we are searching further afield at other options before paying premiums for players like Harvey Barnes. 

I don't think Leicester are in a great position financially, and relegation will mean they will be even more desperate for money,  less in a position to dicate how much money they get for players. The reports suggested that they would have to sell him regardless of whether they stayed up or not, if true it's not as if they can say we don't want to sell him so clubs will have to pay over the odds to get him.

It might depend on how many clubs want him, if they can start a bidding war might get more, but I'd guess the fee will be somewhere between twenty and thirty million, maybe a little more, but I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near fifty million, I doubt they would have got that much even if they'd have stayed up.

This summer Tielemans, Amartey, Söyüncü, and Mendy all going to leave on free transfers, that's probably fifty million plus worth of players they're losing for nothing, and Maddison only has one year left too, will just have to get want they can within reason, for the players that they can sell.

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Ollie to us. £28m plus £5m add ons

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Because relegated teams don’t generally get to set what fee they’d like, They’re often forced to sell their better players due to wages or the player looking to leave.

Depends on how many clubs are in for him. If reports are correct that both Newcastje and West Ham are interested that could make a bidding war.  If Newcastle paid 45 mil for Anthony Gordon than Barnes is worth more than that imo

Edited by PaulC

43 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The selling club are usually anxious to reduce the wages bill before the parachute payments dry up. Plus players show little loyalty and want a quick route back to the promised land. I read that in the Daniel Levy book of negotiations. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Depends on how many clubs are in for him. If reports are correct that both Newcastje and West Ham are interested that could make a bidding war.  If Newcastle paid 45 mil for Anthony Gordon than Barnes is worth more than that imo

Just because Newcastle spent an obscene amount on a very mediocre player doesn’t mean we should follow suit. I don’t think anyone knows why they bought him for that fee, he really isn’t that good. As for Barnes, £50m is still a huge transfer, would be a club record for well over half the teams in the league and by a long margin for most of them too. 

Just now, david-avfc said:

Just because Newcastle spent an obscene amount on a very mediocre player doesn’t mean we should follow suit. I don’t think anyone knows why they bought him for that fee, he really isn’t that good. As for Barnes, £50m is still a huge transfer, would be a club record for well over half the teams in the league and by a long margin for most of them too. 

Yes I agree we shouldn't pay that for him 

26 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Doubt teams will go that high, he’s good but he’s not that good. £20-25m + add-ons is probably the best they’ll get. If they wanted more they shouldn’t have got relegated.

43 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

id predict 30-40m. We paid that for Buendia and Watkins, seems like others would.

Spot on. Southampton want £50m for JWP as well, that isn't going to happen either. I suspect both will go for nearer £40m than £50m. Championship clubs can't always get what they want (now that Brentford aren't among them:D). 

Â