Harvey Barnes

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Richest owners maybe. Counts for nothing when they're hamstrung by FFP the same as everyone else but with a far less savvy board when it comes to infrastructure and development. There's no guarantee they'll succeed at all. 

Getting champions league was a disaster for everyone else.  Let them get a ridiculous self owning shirt sponsorship deal through that bakes in a ridiculous FFP profit for them for years to come. 

Even if we made the champions league, we done have owners that would self sponsor the club for the outrageous sum they've claimed they're worth, so we'll never catch them up, even if they do go through a few years of dodgy board level leadership

That doesn't mean they won't go after the likes of Harvey Barnes though. If he's supposed to be good enough for us, he's good enough for them.  I'd say he fits their style of play just fine. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Richest owners maybe. Counts for nothing when they're hamstrung by FFP the same as everyone else but with a far less savvy board when it comes to infrastructure and development. There's no guarantee they'll succeed at all. 

Hahahahahahahahaha. 

Hamstrung by FFP. 

Good one. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Lol  😆 

Man City say hello.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Hahahahahahahahaha. 

Hamstrung by FFP. 

Good one. 

OK, so why they haven't laughed in the face of FFP and spent massively already then? They've had a couple of years to do so already. 

20 minutes ago, lexicon said:

OK, so why they haven't laughed in the face of FFP and spent massively already then? They've had a couple of years to do so already. 

Completed purchase Winter 2021, they've had 3 windows so far and have bought miles above their previous station in terms of incomings.

For god's sake, they spent £45m on Anthony Gordon who is solidly around league 2 level. How much more madness do you require. 

They will skirt the rules the same way the other clubs that are owned by countries do, don't you worry about that. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Completed purchase Winter 2021, they've had 3 windows so far and have bought miles above their previous station in terms of incomings.

For god's sake, they spent £45m on Anthony Gordon who is solidly around league 2 level. How much more madness do you require. 

They will skirt the rules the same way the other clubs that are owned by countries do, don't you worry about that. 

Have they broken FFP or spent within it?

And citing 45m on Gordon as a reason to be worried about them, when really it's a reason to laugh at their scouting 🤣

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

And citing 45m on Gordon as a reason to be worried about them, when really it's a reason to laugh at their scouting 🤣

I can assure you they will use all of the known tricks to flirt with the boundaries of FFP, just like Chelsea and the cheating Mancs before them. 

The example of Gordon was used to show that they are happy to piss money up the wall, not to suggest we should be worried about them. They are miles ahead of us and we will not see them for dust for a couple of decades, as depressing as that might be. 

• Like 1

Do Leicester have to sell players by July 1st to comply with FFP like Everton had to do with Richarlison last year?

Hopefully we'll get some resolutions to these links in next few weeks rather than tediously running through July and August.

On 09/06/2023 at 12:07, lexicon said:

I don't think it's a slur to play on the counter but that's essentially how Barnes plays, is it not? Looking to get in behind/on the shoulder and use his pace etc. I don't mean to be disrespectful to the guy as I'm not saying he's bad or anything, it's just that we need a player who will be happy to play deeper sometimes too, hold up the ball and play a lot of passes at times, as we probe their defence. We need someone who is more of a team player than Barnes IMO.

As I said, we’ve not played that way for 5 years. So how’s he got all the goals and assists if that’s the only way he plays?

16 hours ago, babyblue said:

As I said, we’ve not played that way for 5 years. So how’s he got all the goals and assists if that’s the only way he plays?

That's how he plays, as laid out by the other poster. Off the shoulder, looking to score. You can score goals that way and I have at no point said that he's a bad player ffs. I have no idea what point you're trying to make. 

The point is that he is not a player that is used to a high volume of passes to and from him, which is what we need. 

19 hours ago, lexicon said:

Newcastle have been well within FFP, helped by Ashley spending nothing. But his seasons are falling away from the calc and estimates suggested they've probably got far less room for losses than we do this season. They can obviously make a fair bit of that difference up (nad most likely surpass us) with CL revenue plus whatever dodgy commercial deals they do. But their starting point is certainly more restrictive than ours and at this moment I'd argue they've a worse squad and manager.

19 hours ago, Steero113 said:

They did this because had loads of scope within FFP, because Ashley had them profitable by spending nothing. That profitable period is no longer relevant for FFP, and the activity you mention will most likely have eaten up the majority of their FFP loss allowance to date.

On Barnes, I'm not sure Newcastle are even after him are they? Same as us, I'm not sure if the fit is right. He's got attributes we could possibly utilise in our set up, but it's a risk changing what seems to have been a pretty defined role for him previously. I'd expect Newcastle to be more focused on improving the defensive end, and while they might throw a bit of money boostign their forward area too, I doubt that would be on Harvey Barnes. West Ham seems about right.

45 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Why are people arguing about how Leicester plays/how Barnes plays with someone who’s presumably watched them week in week out?

He's contradicting the other Leicester poster ffs 

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Do Leicester have to sell players by July 1st to comply with FFP like Everton had to do with Richarlison last year?

Hopefully we'll get some resolutions to these links in next few weeks rather than tediously running through July and August.

I don’t think so no. We just need to have the books in order when it comes down to it I think.

I think our plan is to spend the money, and then the sales we make should prevent us from making a loss…. But we probably still will anyway.

Historically we’re annoying negotiators. The one thing Susan Whealan can do is drive a hard bargain home, she’s seen us rob clubs blind recently…. Maguire for £80m being the most ridiculous business ever. 

It depends if we want a quick sale to get the money….

• Like 1

Â