Nico Williams

RicRic

I can see him staying at Bilbao the same way his brother has done, his brother was in the same situation but rejected Arsenal I think to stay at Bilbao and has never been linked with a move away since really. But like @Indigosaid getting Bilbao’s best players is a tall order, tbh anyone from the Basque region would be quite difficult. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Athletic are such a unique club in modern top-level football that it definitely creates an added layer of difficultly when trying to sign a player from them.

Any other team I wouldn't care but I dont like us trying to sign from Athletic

They do pay players higher wages so also why hard to take them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

We seem to be struggling this summer. We'll do well to kick on at this rate. 

Plenty of players out there who can improve us. We'll be fine. 

The lad is talented but I don't think at this moment he'd be a game changer for us.

Bryan Gil had a fantastic season at Eibar, Spurs signed him and he's spent most of his time being loaned back to Spain and Williams is similar age.

Bailey was mid 20s when we signed him and proven in major league and europe and yet for various reasons he's been no more than average so wide forwards can be hit and miss.

We need to get cracking and sign two of them in the next month though, wouldn't shock me if someone like Chukuweze comes more onto the radar. Think we'll also step up Harvey Barnes interest just to get someone in for pre season who can hit the ground running.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He'll extend at Bilbao if that report is true. Who knows though. 

Or run down the last 12 months if his contract and leave on a free next summer. 

Â