Nico Williams

RicRic

3 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

This guy has a year left on his contract. So available on a free in 6 months time. Surely the €50M fee has to be rubbish?

That’s the release clause, hence why everyone is reporting it. I doubt anyone knows what fees are bring discussed. I’d be surprised if we paid £50m, for as you say he only has 12 months left. If we bid I reckon it’ll be a lower fee with a healthy sell on % clause.

42 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

This guy has a year left on his contract. So available on a free in 6 months time. Surely the €50M fee has to be rubbish?

Another year for us without him, while he increases his rep even more and has even more clubs circling? I'd rather get him now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

He may just re-sign in that case. Bilbao has done a lot for him and his family. And his brother plays there too. His mother recently got an award for contributions from. The club. I think it's more likely than not he re-signs rather thna leave on a free so bilbao get something for him.

Though perhaps a lesser fee might be negotiated it won't be less than 40 mil euros. 

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Another year for us without him, while he increases his rep even more and has even more clubs circling? I'd rather get him now.

For €50M? When he's available for free in 6 months? Nah, mad. Especially for someone who seems mostly potential at the moment. Must be so many better options at that price where we aren't mostly buying potential.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He may just re-sign in that case. Bilbao has done a lot for him and his family. And his brother plays there too. His mother recently got an award for contributions from. The club. I think it's more likely than not he re-signs rather thna leave on a free so bilbao get something for him.

Though perhaps a lesser fee might be negotiated it won't be less than 40 mil euros. 

If he does, he does. We'd be overpaying massively even at €40M in my opinion. Either negotiate a fee that's reasonable given the contract situation and his current level or walk.

46 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

If he does, he does. We'd be overpaying massively even at €40M in my opinion. Either negotiate a fee that's reasonable given the contract situation and his current level or walk.

He's a wonderkid. Why would you be happy to risk losing him to someone else?

44 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This one? No idea who she is or what she knows?

That's the one. I take most ITK with a tablet of salt but there's a couple of low key ones that aren't banging on about all and sundry, just pop up with something that works out. Could be guesswork, but I find it fun.

• Like 1

I know this is only semantics but he’s only 20 so even if he’s out of contract next summer he can’t be signed on a free. It would go through the transfer compensation route. I know this won’t be huge but it might explain why getting him now and agreeing the fee may be a more straightforward scenario. Ignoring the fact he may have a storming start to next season and be looking at a CL level team when his contract runs out.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomsky_11 said:

Let’s see what Unai thinks and Monchi can do we’re in good hands

Â