Nico Williams

RicRic

42 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Are you trying to tell us that AVFC The Religion doesn't have their finger on the pulse? Just check out this great exclusive they uncovered today.

What the actual.....

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Next time aim for a 2.

That way when you come home with a 3 you’ll be over the moon.

You’re welcome.

I’ve only ever come and been a three once. Was awesome though.

21 hours ago, nick76 said:

Problem is we can’t pay £60-90m for non-raw proven equivalent and most likely that kind of player wouldn’t join us anyway.

Spot On.

I have no idea about this player......There what a useless entry.

...............but I trust UE

So, is the final line, he's staying at Bilbao?

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have no idea about this player......There what a useless entry.

...............but I trust UE

People might get frustrated with this line, but I’m in the same boat. 

He is so methodical in his work that he will know exactly what traits he needs. He always builds a squad that is stronger than the sum of its parts. So some signings might appear meh on first glance (hands up, who was buzzing about the signing of Moreno?) but I’m supremely confident they will work. 

You was lucky enough to see the great team of the early 80’s and how many of those signings were classed as “superstars” ? People thought Withe was a journeyman. 

Great managers build great teams, and Emery is going to build one here. 

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

People might get frustrated with this line, but I’m in the same boat. 

He is so methodical in his work that he will know exactly what traits he needs. He always builds a squad that is stronger than the sum of its parts. So some signings might appear meh on first glance (hands up, who was buzzing about the signing of Moreno?) but I’m supremely confident they will work. 

You was lucky enough to see the great team of the early 80’s and how many of those signings were classed as “superstars” ? People thought Withe was a journeyman. 

Great managers build great teams, and Emery is going to build one here. 

Absolutely, on the money......I was.

Brighton and Brentford have touched on it too....its all about teams.

sure the better quality players, help build the better team, provided the manager is savvy to do so.....and ours is...and was then.

All our players in those days was deemed as journeymen, by outsiders, but the great Bayern Munich soon found out.

Aston Villa have never been given the deserved credit for that era......14 players to win the league, phenomenal.....and then lift the European cup.....mind blowing.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Absolutely, on the money......I was.

Brighton and Brentford have touched on it too....its all about teams.

sure the better quality players, help build the better team, provided the manager is savvy to do so.....and ours is...and was then.

All our players in those days was deemed as journeymen, by outsiders, but the great Bayern Munich soon found out.

Aston Villa have never been given the deserved credit for that era......14 players to win the league, phenomenal.....and then lift the European cup.....mind blowing.

Chelsea found out last season that you can have all the superstars in the world,  but without a genius at the helm the ship is rudderless. 

Getting my copium ready for Nico Williams one way or another:

• If he comes to the Villa:  I never doubted this move for a moment.  He's tipped to be one of the best in the world and Don Emery has an impeccable eye for transfers.  Nico has a lot of ambition and wants to challenge himself in the Premier League and I back him to succeed this season!  Mane 2.0.
  • If he turns us down and stays at Bilbao:  He has no ambition and I'm glad he turned us down.  He's going to be a flop and we dodged a bullet.  Bailey 2.0.
  • He signs for PSG:  Of course!  Money grubbing, greedy ****.  Game's gone.  Spanish Greedlish 2.0.  
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Jokes aside, does this one appear to be very unlikely now? 

We still don’t know, there are mixed reports.  Just as many saying it’s happening as there are not.  Just a waiting game…

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, av1 said:

Chelsea found out last season that you can have all the superstars in the world,  but without a genius at the helm the ship is rudderless. 

They had Potter and Frank.  2 geniuses

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We still don’t know, there are mixed reports.  Just as many saying it’s happening as there are not.  Just a waiting game…

Weird though isn’t it. It’s not often you get reports of both sides when it looks almost certain, to then completely flip… something we have experienced three times (?) in the past month now. If you get the flip, it pretty much means it’s off. 

Â