Nico Williams

RicRic

🎶 Nico Nico Nico Williams🎶

Will this be our main and primary target this summer, too many different articles for this to have no motion i think so definitely must be something in it. If anyone has been watching La Liga or in particular Bilbao just how consistent is here?. I believe we would pay a fee in the region of £35-£45M and the same amount for another forward player. 

they both looked decent, from what i have heard though williams is very very connected to his current club and might be hard to prise him out of there. Henrique looked a handful and has europa league experience which will be helpful

On 22/05/2023 at 01:05, Adam2003 said:

Don’t think we are even in the mix here. Just a lazy link I suspect. We won’t see most of our signings coming, just like normal under this ownership. 

Im quite confident to say that we do have interest and it was confirmed we already had approached him but he refused to leave at the time.

On 22/05/2023 at 01:05, Adam2003 said:

Don’t think we are even in the mix here. Just a lazy link I suspect. We won’t see most of our signings coming, just like normal under this ownership. 

We triggered his release clause in January so we could speak to him, he wanted to stay then, nothing lazy about this link, definitely interested in this player wether he comes or not is another story but it won't be for a want of trying to get him on Villa's part. Be over the moon if we get him in, for me one of the most exciting links that has some substance behind it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Frodo said:

We triggered his release clause in January so we could speak to him, he wanted to stay then, nothing lazy about this link, definitely interested in this player wether he comes or not is another story but it won't be for a want of trying to get him on Villa's part. Be over the moon if we get him in, for me one of the most exciting links that has some substance behind it.

I mean I doubt we are still in if he turned us down in Jan - hence lazy to just keep mentioning us when I am sure we have moved on. But of course you’re right we may be being persistent!

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I mean I doubt we are still in if he turned us down in Jan - hence lazy to just keep mentioning us when I am sure we have moved on. But of course you’re right we may be being persistent!

He may of turned us down only because he was half way through the season with Bilbao & felt he owed them to finish the season with them, he only has 12 months left on his contract now so will be interesting, Juventus are circling also, so will be interesting & Bilbao have opened talks on a new contract, but yep you could be right & the boat passed in January.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Knutserov13 said:

Cant see him leaving Bilbao, read into his history alongside his roadmodel and brother Inaki. They both are probably a one club player.

Wont happen IMO. 

He can go back there in 5 years time after hes lifted the champions league with us 🤣

8 hours ago, Knutserov13 said:

Cant see him leaving Bilbao, read into his history alongside his roadmodel and brother Inaki. They both are probably a one club player.

Wont happen IMO. 

When Unai calls, he'll pack his Bilbao Baggins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

It doesn't matter how many times I see this link. I will always immediately think we're trying to buy Nottingham Forest's right back.

Same lol it's unavoidable really

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

*bump*

This one's happening.  If he wanted to sign a new contract with Bilbao he'd have done it already. 

We've just been waiting for the window to open. I have a feeling

There are some soothing creams available in all good pharmacies, so I have been told.

I think that Unai has 4 main targets. We have already secured Youri and I think the other 3 that he really wants are Williams, Goncalves and Pau Torres.
I would have thought that we would have to shell out £130m In transfer fees to secure the other 3 but I really hope that we can do it. Those are 4 big players who are next level to any of our previous NSWE signings.

• Like 1

Â