Cup final 9 of 10

zab6359

3 hours ago, BOF said:

The Premier League have confirmed that the following will be lining up for Liverpool this weekend.

Referee: John Brooks.
Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, James Mainwaring. 
Fourth official: Michael Oliver.
VAR: Tony Harrington.
Assistant VAR: Nick Greenhalgh.

Interestingly, John Brooks is one of only 5 referees we have a 100% record with this season, and the only 100% record where he's been in charge of more than 1 game*. We've beaten Spurs 2-0 and Newcastle 3-0 with him in charge.

* Scott, Harrington, Pawson & Bramall - 1 game, 1 win each.

Our last win in Anfield.

e6a843e4da3ebefd40d95d35ab90388c.png

Look at the state of that team!

Hang your heads in shame scousers!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Quofan said:

Who is Julie? 😁

She's a good girl is Julie. Takes all my notes. That's where it comes from.

• Haha 3

It's gonna be tough, but if.....just if.....

Brighton then becomes a literal cup final. 

We've been down and out before and clawed our way back. 

Feel like this is going to be a repeat of the game at Old Trafford unfortunately. Liverpool have won 7 in a row but looking at the fixtures they have been against teams in the bottom 6, a Spurs side who are a shambles away from home and two narrow wins against fellow top half sides so I'm not too concerned about their winning run.

I just think at the moment and I hope I am wrong come 5pm tomorrow, that we find it difficult to keep the scores level long enough when it comes to going away to the top teams in the division to try and get a result with the current squad. Man City Away was quickly 3-0 down (granted it can happen to any club), Arsenal away was another battering (I know it was Gerrard in charge but it's the same squad) and at Old Trafford we didn't really get a look in bar the last 10 minutes. 

Guess will be a case of trying to keep Liverpool out for as long as possible and try and go for it late but I think a narrow loss here. 

I do think we can frustrate them if we keep it tight for the first 30 minutes, this will lead to some errors in their play and we should pounce. We need to be super clinical on our changes as there will not be many. We also need to outwork them. 

Got a ticket for this game, can't wait, been a long time since I've been up to the bin dippers. 

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

It's gonna be tough, but if.....just if.....

Brighton then becomes a literal cup final. 

We've been down and out before and clawed our way back. 

True but we aren't playing Brighton now, point ahead of us with a game in hand vs. Soton, will take a miracle for them to drop points there. Arsenal have absolutely fked us with regards to Brighton as I knew they would the spineless bottlers. I can us drawing the last two and missing out by a point - Spurs loss and win in their last two. Losing to Wolves was really damaging as well. But to be honest reaching the last game even with a remote chance of Europe is incredible seeing how far behind we were with the scouse nugget in charge. 

Edited by VillaJ100

58 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

True but we aren't playing Brighton now, point ahead of us with a game in hand vs. Soton, will take a miracle for them to drop points there. Arsenal have absolutely fked us with regards to Brighton as I knew they would the spineless bottlers. I can us drawing the last two and missing out by a point - Spurs loss and win in their last two. Losing to Wolves was really damaging as well. But to be honest reaching the last game even with a remote chance of Europe is incredible seeing how far behind we were with the scouse nugget in charge. 

Agreed regarding points, I meant that we will need a win against Brighton to have any hope of beating Spurs in the race, although Brighton haven't escaped us just yet. It all comes down to holding their nerve. Unlikely yes, impossible, no. 

And also agreed, wherever we finish, UE has done wonders even getting us in the mix. 

Brighton won't beat Man City if they play like they did this week. The Soton game is an unbelievably big game for Brighton, and will come with unbelievably big pressure. 

Edited by HKP90

On 18/05/2023 at 11:43, AntrimBlack said:

And my Liverpool supporting son-in-law is not looking forward to Villa's visit. 😃

My Mrs is a Plop supporter 🙄 I can’t win either way, either we lose or I don’t get my leg over tomorrow night.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

My Mrs is a Plop supporter 🙄 I can’t win either way, either we lose or I don’t get my leg over tomorrow night.

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

DHUTWU at half time?

Pics or I don't believe you...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 3