Cup final 9 of 10

zab6359

Nunez ruled out.  I wonder are Liverpool going to make changes, they are in with an outside chance at top 4, but it is also the last home game for 4 players, they may want to give some of them minutes.  

• Like 1

We all know Uncle Unai loves a tough opponent. Let's face it. Players like Ollie and Ramsey and Bailey (scored vs. Man City) and even Martinez (beat France on pens ... lost to Saudi Arabia lol) play better when we're facing a bigger challenge (at least sometimes).

Remember how Arsenal supposedly "unnecessarily" awakened the sleeping beast of Anfield and "broke the rule" of offending the scouse crowd? Oh, I so hope we do just that! I don't like Liverpool. I hope we play hard and make them battle hard. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Lochheads twin said:

Name your score on this one.

I see a game similar to the one at Villa Park with both sides opened up on the counter-attack.

would happily take a draw, so why not 2-2!

1-3 Villa win ... 

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

1-3 Villa win ... 

as good a guess as any.😀

over the years we have had a few decent results up there but also a few end of season batterings. We had a spell of playing them as their last home game.

let’s hope we can reverse that trend.

• Thanks 1

Whatever the score ends up being, at least we can go into the game knowing that Master Unai will have an excellent game plan and the players will know exactly what they need to do. It might not be enough but if we click and we don’t get completely screwed over by the officials, we are more than capable of coming away with all three points. And that feels good, man. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Exploit TAA, regardless of his role, and we get a result.

100% this. TAA can cause us problems no doubt, but a wondering RB (who can’t defend at the best of times) up against Moreno is going to give Liverpool massive problems. 

1-3 - Ollie, McGinn, Moreno. 

2 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Swan song for Firminio and Milner as well. This is going to be so tough to get anything out of! I’m sure we’ll give it a good go though!

Just came here to post exactly that. The Firmino factor could make a difference.  Think we'll  need to frustrate and quieten them to start with. Looking to get the ball to Moreno makes a lot of sense to. 

Don't know where  Firmino is off to - I doubt he'd  come to another  PL team and would be a short term fix, but definitely wouldn't  be averse to the idea. Experienced back up to Watkins and a real warrior.