Cup final 9 of 10

zab6359

On a very good run but looking at who they’ve played this should be their hardest fixture in over a month so we’ll see how things go. Their new set up is nothing new also pep and arteta have been doing the same thing all season, I’m going 2-1 villa. 

Sure the odds suggest we will lose this and as a Villa fan I expect to lose when the crunch comes. But that may be outdated of me - since the playoff final under Smith, whether it be battling relegation etc in that first season back to the wins under Emery this year we have often won when the crunch comes or in difficult games. Anything is possible.

• Like 2

On 16/05/2023 at 07:28, duke313 said:

Moreno and Ramsey v Trent

Fanny André: Bilan 2019

We said that about Watkins vs Lindelof and Shaw, and they comfortably kept him quiet. Expect Trent to turn into Wan Bissaka.

• Like 2

The Premier League have confirmed that the following will be lining up for Liverpool this weekend.

Referee: John Brooks.
Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, James Mainwaring. 
Fourth official: Michael Oliver.
VAR: Tony Harrington.
Assistant VAR: Nick Greenhalgh.

Interestingly, John Brooks is one of only 5 referees we have a 100% record with this season, and the only 100% record where he's been in charge of more than 1 game*. We've beaten Spurs 2-0 and Newcastle 3-0 with him in charge.

* Scott, Harrington, Pawson & Bramall - 1 game, 1 win each.

Our last win in Anfield.

e6a843e4da3ebefd40d95d35ab90388c.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

The Premier League have confirmed that the following will be lining up for Liverpool this weekend.

Interestingly, John Brooks is one of only 5 referees we have a 100% record with this season, and the only 100% record where he's been in charge of more than 1 game*. We've beaten Spurs 2-0 and Newcastle 3-0 with him in charge.

Our last win in Anfield.

John Brooks has been my favourite ref ever since I heard of him two seconds ago. No doubt I called him a rocket polisher in the match threads and rated him very poor only because there wasn't a worse option though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Our last win in Anfield.

e6a843e4da3ebefd40d95d35ab90388c.png

I see they've balanced us having a good ref by having Michael Oliver on VAR 🙄

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

I see they've balanced us having a good ref by having Michael Oliver on VAR 🙄

Michael Oliver is not on VAR.

Not even sure if people are joking at this stage. But for the avoidance of doubt. Michael Oliver will be holding up the substitutes board and how much extra time there is.  Tony Harrington will be on VAR. Maybe it's just me having a stroke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1