Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Hopefully they will do a better job than they did with West Ham's efforts. The recent Arsenal templates have been solid so reasons for optimism there.

Forgot they did their kits for a bit. They didn’t look too great bar a couple. That said, Adidas have defo improved designs over the last decade. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'd bet my house that Nass got it all together then introduced the relevant people at Adidas to Heck and let them thrash out the finer points. 

It's very difficult to believe that the biggest shareholder at Adidas was unable to get any kind of deal done then Heck arrives and kicks down the Adidas door.

I'd bet we've been waiting for Villa to hit the kind if level that allows us to get big deals with the likes of Adidas before trying to bag a deal. No point in taking scraps from them where we were down the bottom end of the PL.

If Newcastle are on £30-£40m why on earth wouldn't we get those kind of levels? 

CL will have influenced it… but they should envisage us being at that level now or qualifying for it too…

Nothing to suggest that Newcastle will quickly get back there, at least in terms of qualifying for it again this season, after getting knocked out… and other clubs performing better in the PL…

I won’t bother going into Saudi influence and riches/funds…

So yeah… I’m hoping for a comparable deal. And we have Unai Emery…

Edited by Jas10

Pretty sure Adidas have made kits for small heath, Wolves, and West Brom recently, having them as our kit supplier isn't some indicator in of itself that we're some elite team already. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as people enjoy the kits, but for it to be some major deal as some are framing it as, we need them to be giving us some great money

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

CL will have influenced it… but they should envisage us being at that level now or qualifying for it too…

Nothing to suggest that Newcastle will get back there, at least this season, after getting knocked out…

I won’t bother going into Saudi influence and riches/funds…

So yeah… I’m hoping for a comparable deal. And we have Unai Emery…

I’ll be shocked if it’s the same ballpark as Newcastle, in fact I’d be stunned if ours was anymore than £25m per season and I think even that much would be a stretch imo.

Just now, Woody1000 said:

I’ll be shocked if it’s the same ballpark as Newcastle, in fact I’d be stunned if ours was anymore than £25m per season and I think even that much would be a stretch imo.

It will be a tiered deal standard 15 million per season.  20 for Conference 25 Europa and 30 for Champions League.

Sensible from both parties.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Even that figure would be impressive and a massive jump up for us… I expect at least £20m… but I don’t have a clue 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Pretty sure Adidas have made kits for small heath, Wolves, and West Brom recently, having them as our kit supplier isn't some indicator in of itself that we're some elite team already. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as people enjoy the kits, but for it to be some major deal as some are framing it as, we need them to be giving us some great money

Greatly depends on what tier we’re on, I’m certain.

As stated in another post in this thread, the teams you’ve mentioned only receive “standard” treatment. Basic templates, not a lot of money and only sold in national markets.

If we’ve landed an “Elite” role it’s a whole different kettle of fish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

It will be a tiered deal standard 15 million per season.  20 for Conference 25 Europa and 30 for Champions League.

That makes a lot of sense 👍

Think the very top tier sides get the full Adidas treatment due to being champions League regulars, which make ait weird that one season wonders Newcastle have got it. I presume being a one club city and the Saudi / middle eastern market and revenue from that helps.

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

As a taster can we have Adidas poster boy Messi on loan for a few months whilst the MLS is in close season?

spacer.png

spacer.png

“Villa’s a big club mate!”

spacer.png

“Now let’s do this at the Villa!”

spacer.png

“Yeah, go on then”

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, useless said:

There's a big difference between a team effectively buying in Adidas templates and being a team that Adidas pays big money to and besokes kits for you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I’ll be shocked if it’s the same ballpark as Newcastle, 

Why? Are Newcastle hugely bigger than us? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

One half of the legendary rap group Clipse

Oh. That helps. 

I do know who Run DMC are though 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

As a taster can we have Adidas poster boy Messi on loan for a few months whilst the MLS is in close season?

Emery wouldn't care for his pressing game.

14 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Where have you seen that? That looks like a tremendous deal!

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Emery wouldn't care for his pressing game.

He has already said that he'd accommodate Messi or Ronaldo in his side despite their lacko of pressing game.