Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why? Are Newcastle hugely bigger than us? 

It was more the reported £40m per season that their deal is supposedly worth. I just don’t see us selling the sort of shirts that would earn us that sort of deal.

2 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Thanks. Shame it’ll be dwarfed by the others, but if Newcastle didn’t get their deal I’d have thought this was a great deal, so can’t complain too much. 

What did Newcastle get, where do people find this out from?

Surely ours wouldn't be too far away given the form/position we are in.

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

It was more the reported £40m per season that their deal is supposedly worth. I just don’t see us selling the sort of shirts that would earn us that sort of deal.

That's loads and outs them right up with the others, we need to be getting involved in this.   I might be wrong but surely we wouldn't sign up to a long term deal knowing it was way below the market rate of the teams we want to compete with.

9 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Where have you seen that? That looks like a tremendous deal!

Just my imagination but logical 😜 

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why? Are Newcastle hugely bigger than us? 

Newcastle haven't won anything since 1969. In that time we have won a league,  4 league cups, a European cup and a European super cup. We have spent more time in the top flight than them and, yeah, they finished second twice in the 90s, 96 and 97, but so did we, in 90 and 93.

I get the sense Brummie self deprecation is at play here whereas the Geordies are 'full of it'!

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

To be fair to Newcastle they've been in the CL twice and we've never been in since the chance in format. 

To be fair, we’ve won it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

To be fair to Newcastle they've been in the CL twice and we've never been in since the chance in format. 

This, and they sell a lot of shirts. Plus you have to remember their trajectory at the time of negotiations and the wealth that they have behind them. While we are on a similar level currently, I believe their ceiling is probably higher than ours longer term.

Newcastle i guess were a punt by Adidas based on potential. And also the fact that every single fan up there buys the shirt every season.and that all 40 million citizens of Saudi will buy one as well. 

We arent big enough globally to be an Elite partner i would say , but again they might look at the potential and projections for Villa going forward and take a punt. Wouldnt mind some ltd edition gazelles for instance. 

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

This, and they sell a lot of shirts. Plus you have to remember their trajectory at the time of negotiations and the wealth that they have behind them. While we are on a similar level currently, I believe their ceiling is probably higher than ours longer term.

You could have summarised that by just saying “sportswashing”

• Thanks 2

Question. Anyone know how Adidas feel about online gambling ? Do they partner with clubs that have gambling firms on their jerseys any more ? If not then we might have a break clause in the bk8 deal. 

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Question. Anyone know how Adidas feel about online gambling ? Do they partner with clubs that have gambling firms on their jerseys any more ? If not then we might have a break clause in the bk8 deal. 

Looking through the teams they sponsor there are plenty with gambling firms on them. Fulham’s current one just to give an example.

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Real Madrid had Bwin on their shirt for a few seasons, West Ham has Betway. Just two off the top of my head. 

27 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Newcastle haven't won anything since 1969. In that time we have won a league,  4 league cups, a European cup and a European super cup. We have spent more time in the top flight than them and, yeah, they finished second twice in the 90s, 96 and 97, but so did we, in 90 and 93.

I get the sense Brummie self deprecation is at play here whereas the Geordies are 'full of it'!

These deals look into the future, not the past. They are backed by Saudi Arabia. They will dominate just like City. Just needs a bit of time. 

21 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Wouldnt mind some ltd edition gazelles for instance. 

The ones they've done recently have looked pretty poor and half hearted. Leeds and Argentina came to mind but there's been a few. There has been some quality Gazelles out though so so just seems to be these club edition ones that dont hit the mark. Whether I'd see Villa ones differently, who know.

I get a lot of people coming up to me saying how much they like us at the moment, maybe Adidas see us as possibly gaining a bit of a cult following around the world and going to a bit more effort with our kits like they might do with a club like Ajax.  If we get CL football, even better.

I'm very happy with this, and thanks Heck!

I've always been fascinated with Adidas, the history with the brothers Rudolf and Adi Dassler splitting and starting Puma and Adidas respectively, have never really got who of the two that was a nazi but from now on I will assume it was the Rudi/Puma guy and not our Adi!

For you who haven't yet caught this faschinating story, here is a summary and a good read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adidas

Sorry if slightly of topic 🙂 

Â