Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

I’d be inclined to agree with him tbh, the blue on the badge doesn’t even match the blue on the kit 

50 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

We have been savaged by the telegraph's Thom Gibbs in an article about this seasons best and worst kits. We are 36th, only arsenal's away shirt has been rated worse than ours....

On 04/08/2023 at 15:02, Mazrim said:

Contracts can be cut short. There's just "penalties" for doing so. If cutting this contract short was worth doing because another is more lucrative long term, we'll do it.

Typically, if a new brand wants the partnership, they'll be the ones footing the bill too.

55 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

We have been savaged by the telegraph's Thom Gibbs in an article about this seasons best and worst kits. We are 36th, only arsenal's away shirt has been rated worse than ours....

Honestly, having seen that Arsenal shirt in the flesh on Sunday on people it's really not that bad. They'll see it as an Arsenal classic in a few years.

Our home shirt mind, oh dear.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Typically, if a new brand wants the partnership, they'll be the ones footing the bill too.

Is this rare or fairly common for new brands taking over mid contract? 

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

The Telegraph is all nonsense, and this just proves it. I quite like our kit (I didn't at first), and it's the best claret and blue kit in the league by a mile.

I've always wanted a proper Adidas kit. Claret body, blue sleeves, claret stripes from arm to collar, round badge, a bit of gold piping here and there.
I'd love the old trifoil logo but that's asking a lot. Maybe a decent local massive business like Cadbury, Jaguar or Aston Martin as a sponsor. 

Yeah...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whilst they are all nothing special, i like what Castore have done with Rangers, Wolves and Newcastle kits this year.

They are clean cut and traditional.

Don't know why we have ended up with something as none Villa as what we have got.....i mean they haven't even got the colour right.

I can think of numerous other times when we have all felt a little let down by a kit launch.

Is it us.... the club?

Do the people in charge fail to understand what IS Villa and what clearly isn't?

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I've always wanted a proper Adidas kit. Claret body, blue sleeves, claret stripes from arm to collar, round badge, a bit of gold piping here and there.
I'd love the old trifoil logo but that's asking a lot. Maybe a decent local massive business like Cadbury, Jaguar or Aston Martin as a sponsor. 

Yeah...

I'd love a proper Adidas kit.

Not the template EFL-clubs deal nonsense. I want the bespoke design team arrangement like Arsenal, Madrid, Juventus et al pay for.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve said it before but Adidas kits are the best fit for Middle Aged men with dad bods. I’ve got many Adidas kits and the L nicely drop over the belly. My Villa tops just hug it.

Do you have a Castore top by any chance? Adidas are the only kit manufacturer who seem to get the sizes/fit right (for the reasons you gave...) and I've been trying to figure out what size Castore shirt to order. So a comparison with Adidas shirts is what I've been trying to figure out (a size up/down or equal to).

21 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Castore must be sacked off at the end of season due to the players kits sweating issue. 

That legit could affect our on pitch performance which is unacceptable. 

@NurembergVillan a lot of us regular folk, myself included. are wondering if the players are sweating more in the kit, or is the material showing the sweat more?

Is it intentional?

21 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Do you have a Castore top by any chance? Adidas are the only kit manufacturer who seem to get the sizes/fit right (for the reasons you gave...) and I've been trying to figure out what size Castore shirt to order. So a comparison with Adidas shirts is what I've been trying to figure out (a size up/down or equal to).

I have a couple and I’ve still got the label on them. They are perfect all over apart from the stomach area where my belly sticks out and it tends to hug it. Many wouldn’t care but makes me para. In hindsight should have got XL but then I have a feeling it would be too big in other areas.  Once I lost the belly it should be a nice fit. 

I would say If you haven’t got a belly that sticks out then get the same size that you do with adidas. Otherwise maybe go a size higher. 

• Thanks 1