Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

18 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The kit's ok, I'm warming to it.

The badge looks brilliant and will probably look even better on the away kit and training gear.

Sponsor looks s*** though, awful. Burger King FFS!

Yeah, the kit is fine I think. Probably not one for the ages, but once we see the lads play in it it’ll be a villa kit proper.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

In the blurb on the website it talks of reaction to the “crest and kit moniker”.  I’m usually good with words but what on Earth do they mean by “kit moniker”?

Moniker is usually a name or nickname or an alias. It could also in this case, be a reference to the kit's "informal label" drawing attention to a particular attribute. Sounds a bit "sales speak" to me, my first thought was:D:

Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky cheating scandal: How Bill Clinton's  affair with Monica Lewinsky began - and then unravelled | Explainer - 9Honey

37 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Have to say, on this regular dude, this top looks more like a West Ham/Burnley top than a Villa shirt…

Dollar store Burnley ass kit.

burnley_17_18_puma_home_kit.jpg

burnley_18_19_puma_home_kit.jpg

west-ham-united-17-18-home-kit+%25281%25

These are actually nice kits too. Ours just looks cheap. I don't know what it is, is it the pattern, the material?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, the kit is fine I think. Probably not one for the ages, but once we see the lads play in it it’ll be a villa kit proper.

The new badge is the best element and it is the one thing they have decided to mess up and go in half on 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oh man it’s tight around the stomach area. Why do they do this when the vast majority of football fans have big guts!

Maybe the real question is why do big gut-suffering football fans think wearing a replica shirt is a good look? 😂

• Haha 4

The design of the kit that the players wear feels unimportant to me.

Modern football is something that I enjoy immensely. Todays game with it’s technical excellence,it’s competitiveness and the wall to wall coverage we get is brilliant in many ways.

However this thing about the kit……they are taking us for mugs here.

I wish more people would see it

Edited by MarkLillis

Good, glad there's some other supporters out there recognising it. I hate the narrative that seems to be anything and everything must be permitted for a club to 'succeed', like there aren't any other paths a club can take

37 minutes ago, Chasetown Villa said:

Shirt itself is decent, but not spectacular.

That sponsor however, utterly disgusting. That’s what ruins it.

Indeed. A part of me objects to the new sponsor because I'm ideologically opposed to gambling advertising in general.

More specifically though, this one is **** hideous. Who wants to pay 60 odd quid to wear that shit on their chest. No thanks.

Up there with "Cows" as our worst sponsor, I'm embarrassed we've put this shit on our shirts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Will wait to see what the away shirt looks like, if I like that will get it once it’s reduced, not paying £70 for a football shirt 

We could have the best designed shirt in our history but this sponsor would ruin it in an instant.

An absolute shambles on all levels!

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We could have the best designed shirt in our history but this sponsor would ruin it in an instant.

An absolute shambles on all levels!

Yup reminds me of Burger King, horrible the home top is

The more I look at it, the more I hate it. The main sponsor is getting a lot of stick but the sleeve sponsor is **** hideous too. The pattern of the shirt belongs in my nan's upholstery collection, they've used the wrong **** lion on the back, and the gk shirt looks like a Razer mouse mat.

Absolutely **** shite. But absolute **** shite is about all Castore make. Still, probably good for FFP or some bollocks.

• Like 1

The shirts basically the Wolves away shirt recoloured. Garbage.

someone needs to send the designs from earlier in this thread (ShaunTealesTash was it) with a ‘pull your figure out’ post it note attached.

Must do better Villa