The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Didn't watch Bolton at all, but he's been getting rave reviews.  They had the second best defence (36 goals against) in the league behind Ipswich (35 goals against) and pretty sure he broke their clean sheet record in a season.  Was voted as their YPOTS.

I have watched some of the U21 tournament and he's looked very good - so I'm not entirely sure it'd "worlds gone mad" to be honest.

I watched a bit of League One last year as loosely follow Argyle. 

I even saw Trafford play at Wembley in the Papa John's final and win the cup. 

He's a very good young keeper with a high ceiling, however, I probably prefer Cooper at Argyle who is going under the radar a bit. But he's a couple of years older and I'm probably biased. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Baba rahman has left Chelsea after 8 years

15 games, 7 loans

Absolute joke of a signing

I think Mourinho was manager when they signed him

9 different people have managed Chelsea in a competitive game since then, ten different stints if count Lampard second reign

Edited by Zatman

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I watched a bit of League One last year as loosely follow Argyle. 

I even saw Trafford play at Wembley in the Papa John's final and win the cup. 

He's a very good young keeper with a high ceiling, however, I probably prefer Cooper at Argyle who is going under the radar a bit. But he's a couple of years older and I'm probably biased. 

Yeah I've seen a few mentions of Cooper bring excellent, no chance Plymouth Argyle will get the same sort of money though unfortunately.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

~£19m.

Not sure whether that's a good deal or not. I think it's alright. He's better and that's cheaper than any of our wingers.

Reasonable deal. Think we'd be aiming for someone a bit higher calibre, though, at least for a starting position.

Shows how much valuable being an effective dribbler is at this level of the game: Mitoma and Gnonto (esp. the former) the big examples this season.

Annoys me a little, because Bailey was supposed to be that player for us, albeit less obscure and more costly...

Edited by wishywashy
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

~£19m.

Not sure whether that's a good deal or not. I think it's alright. He's better and that's cheaper than any of our wingers.

It is a good deal, but for us we would have to change the system to fit him in…..

So it’s a no from me, I think he will develop into a good winger though.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

~£19m.

Everton basically signing Tom then Jerry back to back

7 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Yeah I've seen a few mentions of Cooper bring excellent, no chance Plymouth Argyle will get the same sort of money though unfortunately.

Hopefully he stays there then.

There were rumours of a £10m move ro Chelsea in January. 

On 08/07/2023 at 13:57, villa4europe said:

Milan signed Luca Romero from lazio who's young but with a lot of potential, now signing pulisic from Chelsea, that link to chukwueze can't be real too?!

Not sure who's on their way out if they sign him as well, de ketalaere?

Didn't Leao have some contract issues, he's wasn't always starting in their run in.

Man Utd wanting £50mill for Maguire 😂😂😂😂😂

Do they think that all other teams scouts have no eyes or something? 

I'm not sure even one of the Saudi teams would piss that much to get him. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26