Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 3 of 10

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Better service at half time for beer would help the atmosphere second half. 

Get yourself in the Lower Holte, never queue again with the new self service bar, it’s a revelation!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't they have someone sent off after 20 minutes and we couldn't break them down? That was a very fun end to the season and the main high under O'Leary.

Yep that’s the one

I'm a little concerned about their physicality.

Dan Burn especially seems a bit of a nasty piece of work; the little I have watched of them he seems to be a bit too physical. Everything is a battle and he's on the edge...Villa don't cope well against that type of player!

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm a little concerned about their physicality.

Dan Burn especially seems a bit of a nasty piece of work; the little I have watched of them he seems to be a bit too physical. Everything is a battle and he's on the edge...Villa don't cope well against that type of player!

I can see us getting another injury or two tomorrow, Newcastle are physical and if the ref against Forest was anything to go by, a few flying Newcastle tackles will probably go unpunished.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah there's no chance of a good atmosphere tomorrow. The 12:30 kick off, whilst a ball ache for the travelling fans, will definitely play into Newcastle's hands with everyone just out of bed and hardly any pre match drinking.

It’s no excuse really. Majority of Newcastle fans are probably on buses leaving at 7 am tomorrow morning so they’re probably up at all hours. 

11 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It’s no excuse really. Majority of Newcastle fans are probably on buses leaving at 7 am tomorrow morning so they’re probably up at all hours. 

Early kick offs are always dead affairs in the atmosphere stakes.

Can't see us gaining much home advantage tomorrow specifically for this reason. We need to try and make an extra effort to make some noise as they certainly will given they'll have been drinking for about 6 hours.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 2

Fascinating match. A proper test against a very solid and effective Newcastle. Both sides with something to play for, and a bit of needle in the stands too. Lahvely. Pity we don't have our preferred line-up but hey ho. We have good backups, and Traore starting over Bailey might even be an upgrade of late. If we can continue to be solid and clanger free building out from the back then I expect they'll find it difficult to score against us, and we'll have our chances too. This one really could go either way, although the bookie heavily fancies Newcastle (13/5 Villa versus 11/10 Newcastle).

Let's surprise them. Bend don't break. 2-1 Villa.

• Like 1

Newcastle have been phenomenal all season to be fair. Not sure I can see us winning tomorrow - especially considering how stretched we are with injuries. Hopefully the players execute the game plan to perfection. 

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Can’t believe Newcastle have only lost to Man City and Liverpool this season!
That’s title winning form.

They've only won one more game than us though, 11 draws is not title winning form.

• Like 4