Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/23 at 22:59

Am I right in thinking that's the first time we've won three PL games in a row this season? When was the last time? I have a feeling it may have been the season before last (when we started amazingly with 4 wins).

Under Gerrard this team looked like 11 individuals who had never played together. I genuinely felt like each player was spinning a wheel in their head on receiving the ball and either pass, hoof, run, shoot, etc under Gerrard. The style of play was just totally random.

Right now there is a huge togetherness in this team. We are winning together and losing together. Even little things like how quickly players are over to pick one and other up off the ground after a tackle. It’s not the finished article yet but the improvement is mind blowing. We weren’t totally at it tonight, the exertions from Saturday obviously had an effect but we still got a win, I think leicester would have won that under the previous manager. Another thing all the players seem genuinely delighted for Bert, again showing how together we are. It’s down to one man and one man only.

• Like 3

Not long home, what a fantastic atmosphere and good performance from the boys tonight away from home. Unia emery take a bow, the best manager we have certainly had in my lifetime. Everthing was perfect tonight apart from the appaling half time bar service from leicester hospitality! they were lining up the drinks but not serving anybody, and the one guy who was taking orders kept going to the same place at the bar. Thankfully the result and fans singing/atmosphere more than made up for it. Motorway nice and clear and easy journey home, bring on forest at home this weekend and hopefully another 3 points.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Take a moment breath and enjoy. Above liverpool and chelsea

Screenshot_20230404_223600_Chrome.jpg

Amazing that we have pulled 5 points clear of Chelsea in just 2 games and are level on goal difference now as well - although our goal difference is terrible versus the better teams in this area of the table. We will just have to score an extra point.

43 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He is so self assured on the sideline. Every time the camera pans to him I get warm and fuzzy feelings.

That triple sub was just what I was hoping for. The game was too big an opportunity to let slide and Unai knew the 3 points were absolutley crucial for an outside chance at Europe. Elite mentality.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, birdman said:

That triple sub was just what I was hoping for. The game was too big an opportunity to let slide and Unai knew the 3 points were absolutley crucial for an outside chance at Europe. Elite mentality.

I thought he had left the triple sub at least 10 mins too late… but what do I know 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Emery will end up with a statue at VP ;)

We played very well for long periods of that game but most importantly we didn't buckle under pressure and found a way to win against a decent side away from home.

We're still an early stages work in progress but the change in the way we move and keep the ball is staggering. 

Will???… mate im building one as we speak 🤣

• Haha 2

I forgot the game was on tonight, buzzing when I realised and saw the result, didn't see or hear the game.

I said it's on if we got 4 points minimum from today and Saturday......

Can't believe we are only 6 points off third.

The hard games are all after the weekend but, the players and manager have put us in a position where we are in control as we play our competitors and we have a lot to play for.

Just a word to the wise to our fan base though, if we don't make it this season don't get too down beat as the ingredients are all there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

I cant believe the change in this team from a few months back, desire, quality, control and patience make for a very desirable mix.

I thought Mcginn and Luiz were incredible today, one brute strength and determination the other all silky touches and flair, this is the type of midfield good teams have.

I love this version of Watkins too, he is on fire atm and hes such a handful.

However the last word has to go to Bert, no one else would have hit that shot, another to add to his ridiculous highlight reel!

We were really good tonight!

Luiz was far from incredible and in fact untidy and poor at times, sometimes a win masks over poor performances , ramsey not far behind… standouts were buendia, mcginn and moreno, played phenomenal especially the latter two. Funny how football works as i never wanted to see mcginn anywhere near the first team and buendia was in that same conversation and now they are the two best performers tonight along with moreno 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Not long home, what a fantastic atmosphere and good performance from the boys tonight away from home. Unia emery take a bow, the best manager we have certainly had in my lifetime. Everthing was perfect tonight apart from the appaling half time bar service from leicester hospitality! they were lining up the drinks but not serving anybody, and the one guy who was taking orders kept going to the same place at the bar. Thankfully the result and fans singing/atmosphere more than made up for it. Motorway nice and clear and easy journey home, bring on forest at home this weekend and hopefully another 3 points.

"You're going down with your WiFi" was absolutely genius. Apparently that's why we couldn't get served before the game as their systems were down due to no Internet connection. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I thought he had left the triple sub at least 10 mins too late… but what do I know 🤷‍♂️

If Unai started Martinez up front and Watkins in goal I don't think I'd question it.

• Haha 1

Â