Match Thread: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure how we’re winning. They’ve peppered us. That said, we probably should have scored one or two more. Odd game. Don’t think we’ll win if we play like that second half. 

Mings has a mistake in him today I feel. One that will get punished. 

Potter team. We used to play his Brighton sides and they'd play the same with bugger all end product and we'd come away with a result.

3 minutes ago, Dale said:

Commentary I've got suggests Andy Townsend feels a greater affinity with Chelsea 

He's always like this when he commentates against us.

Another ex player like Southgate that has a massive hateboner for us for some reason.

Edited by AshVilla

We've played on our luck, but thus far Martinez has been good and we've worked really hard at it - we're still a threat on the break and doing alright as the away side.

The referee has been atrocious and looks like he can't wait to give them something - but we've then had the luck on the big decision.

Chilwell is pathetic, Cucurella is a bell end and we need to resist getting involved.

First five minutes or so of the second half will be the key - if we can keep them out then we can tire them and unleash Duran and Bailey with ten to go.

8 minutes ago, YLN said:

Since Watkins scored that graphic was

I know. Winning and they show that stat. Us a goal up and they show a stat of no shots or shots on target. They really are biased.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I’ll take that. Kamara looks miles off it. 

Looks rusty for sure, only thing that will fix it is playing though. We've shown some great football and some shambolic nonsense, if we improve we've got 45 minutes with a goal head start...

Weird half to evaluate. We’re not playing well, sloppy in possession across the pitch generally speaking but on the handful of occasions we’ve strung some passes together we’ve created good openings and could easily have scored more. 

Far too open at times in defence and chelsea will feel they should have scored a couple too.

Cant see the score remaining the same if the match continues as is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He took out ramseys foot as he tried to generate force to get round him. Maybe ramsey would have still lsot the ball but he'd have been able to press. 

Not really.  He taps him and Ramsay dives. It was embarrassing.

Young dived for the disallowed goal but hey ho.

Lads. We've not been hard done by here lol

Urgh, not easy on the eye, we are losing the midfield battle and it feels only a matter of time before they score. 

Would be surprised if we win, but hopefully Emery tweaks things to assert more control.

Buendia not having a great day, but probably means he will head a goal before the game ends! 

Delighted but not hopeful come 90minutes.

edit: Fantastic goal by Watkins by the way!

Edited by thunderball

We punished their mistake. They haven't punished any of ours. That's the difference right now.

Good teams punish mistakes. It probably says something about them and us right now.

Never paid much attention to Chilwell before but what a tit he is. Whinge, whinge, whinge. 

I just wish JJ would get his head up a bit more when he makes these runs. He's had 3 or 4 and at least twice he could of played someone in but left it too late. Add a final product to them and they'd be lethal. 

We look a bit rusty here and there, so good to go in 1 up. 

• Like 1