Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i had the same fear but billing is garbage in the air apparently despite his height

Why would you go and write that today? 

apavorado-fear.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Important game for Bailey, Unai has kept the faith but he really needs to show something now.

I said last time out though. 

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why would you go and write that today? 

apavorado-fear.gif

Yikes! Yes. Cricket commentators and fans would call that kind of comment 'putting the mockers' on our team. :s

Edited by robby b

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Big game for JJ to find some confidence 

Yeah, for all the (justified) criticism of Bailey, JJ has been every bit as lost looking. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yay 7 subs (im not in including the youth keeper)

I seriously dont understand why a young player doesn't take the final spot on bench.  That would give them them massive confidence 

At least he uses the subs, I mean we had a full bench under Gerrard and Smith and they’d both wait until 80th minute to bring one or two on.

On 17/03/2023 at 07:06, ferguson1 said:

A draw against West Ham away probably wasn’t the worst result in the end and again helps to give us a nice buffer against the teams below us. Hopefully we can go a place or two higher still, it’s going to be tough, but Fulham at least seem catchable. Another win on Saturday and it keeps the pressure on the teams above us.

Kamara, Coutinho and possibly Dendoncker out? Maybe Dendoncker will make it on the bench at least? I don’t think Emery will shuffle the pack too much, although Bailey has been in woeful form for a while now, I can still see him starting this one, especially being at home:

Martinez

Cash       Konsa             Mings       Moreno

McGinn         Luiz

Buendia                      Ramsey

Bailey       
                                    Watkins

Subs:  Olsen, Sinisalo, Young, Digne, Carlos, Chambers, Dendoncker, Traore, Duran 

Bournemouth had a great result last weekend but they’re still near the bottom for a reason. If we can keep an eye on Billing who seems to charge forward a lot, then I’m pretty confident that we can get the right result here to keep our decent form going.

Going to say a 2-1 win but could be a right slog and nervy game. UTV

Right team, let’s all hope for the right result.

• Like 1

Thankfully we've got this far with the squad after Jan but with Duran and Traore our only options to change it up top, we really are creaking towards that finish line. Wonder if we'll be going for it today, might as well. 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I'll be watching JJ and Bailey like a hawk today. Decide, are we harsh or are they really pants lately.

They have been pants lately, but they're not hopeless footballers. This should be a good chance for them to find some confidence/form.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Important game for Bailey, Unai has kept the faith but he really needs to show something now.

He needs to have a good game, it's been so long since he did. Seems we say that every week though.