Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

I'm more confident about this one than west ham away. We've had a game to get used to no Kamara, we'll have another week of training to tweak the system to deal better to not having Kamara too. 3 points will really see us moving to being almost untouchably detached from the bottom group and if a couple of results go our way nice on a par with a few teams to see if we can climb up a rung or two and cement top 10.

If we keep progressing and getting better at the possession game we should boss this.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I’m hoping some of you can help me. Im taking my annual trip to Villa park on Saturday.  For me and the kid it costs upwards of 700 so can only afford the one unfortunately.  

Our last trip was Norwich at end of last season 2-0 and was the 10 year olds first game.  We arrived at 1130am.  I asked the guard at the entrance what time do the players arrive.  He said around 1pm, so me and young boy headed off to the shop.  Came back around 1245pm and all the players had arrived already.  Put a dampner on the day for him as it was one of the things he was looking forward to.  Turns out Stevie G had them in for 12 for pre game meal or some rubbish.  

Anyway does anyone know what time the players arrive these days to the stadium?  

For a 3pm kickoff i would get there from 12 if you can, they arrive at different times, im usually walking around near the steps of the north stand opposite the club shop an hour before the game just killing time before going in and sometimes see players arriving in their cars and then going through the gates, others are usually around the area with family members and do sometimes go to the gates to take photos with fans and sign things.

• Thanks 1

Feel like we've tended to underestimate these in the past, but I don't think Emery will make that mistake. Ouattara looks like an outlet, kind of a throwback winger but we'll need to do better with him than we did against McNeil in the first half of that game. If we do a professional job and don't suffer any more injuries I fancy us to squeak a win. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I’m hoping some of you can help me. Im taking my annual trip to Villa park on Saturday.  For me and the kid it costs upwards of 700 so can only afford the one unfortunately.  

Our last trip was Norwich at end of last season 2-0 and was the 10 year olds first game.  We arrived at 1130am.  I asked the guard at the entrance what time do the players arrive.  He said around 1pm, so me and young boy headed off to the shop.  Came back around 1245pm and all the players had arrived already.  Put a dampner on the day for him as it was one of the things he was looking forward to.  Turns out Stevie G had them in for 12 for pre game meal or some rubbish.  

Anyway does anyone know what time the players arrive these days to the stadium?  

Judging by the pre match videos they all arrive by coach under UE so would be guessing midday if they're having a pre match meal at the ground (think they come in from Bodymoor for some reason).

Coach also parks right by the entrance so if you want a quick selfie it's not going to happen. I'd say if you can better bet is to hang around until 6pm as players will come out separately so will be easier to get autograph/selfie with a few perhaps.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

Stature/Physicality...Its hard to combat,when a few spirited big 'uns, want to test the resolve.

We are currently between a rock and a hard place......neither physical or a slick expansive team, who can run the legs off them.....its part of the reason, why we are inconsistent, depending on who we play.

We've just played Everton and Palace who have plenty of big units and comfortably dealt with them.

With Bournemouth I think it was just the classic case of first day away to newly promoted team (we're not the only ones to lose early in season) when we conceded a really poor goal from a set piece at the start and then spent the next 70 minutes playing the clueless and ineffective Gerrard style and then Kieffer Moore flicked one in at the end.

I know our record is generally poor but before that we last played them in early 2020 so a completely different team.

Well overdue a win and I actually can see a comfortable 2 or 3 nil even though they're coming off an excellent win v Liverpool.

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Judging by the pre match videos they all arrive by coach under UE so would be guessing midday if they're having a pre match meal at the ground (think they come in from Bodymoor for some reason).

Coach also parks right by the entrance so if you want a quick selfie it's not going to happen. I'd say if you can better bet is to hang around until 6pm as players will come out separately so will be easier to get autograph/selfie with a few perhaps.

The players stay in a hotel in Birmingham city centre the night before the game, have lunch at about 12 and leave for the ground at about 1:15.

I know this because they stay on the same floor in the hotel as me for each home game under Emery. 

Spoken to Unai a few times and he is always happy to have a quick chat.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Their goal inside ten seconds against arsenal was something they work on in training. 

Need to be on our toes from kick offs. 

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Their goal inside ten seconds against arsenal was something they work on in training. 

Yes - definitely. It's the type of thing we would be caught out by, but pretty confident Unai will have analysed the **** out of it.

Comfortable 2-0 win and up to 10th for a few minutes, before remaining in 11th forever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

And remember to remove our jewellery before the game starts! Still can't believe we conceded at their place because of that. Think it was Lucas Digne.

Anyway, this game smacks as the drawiest of draws. 1-1.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

And remember to remove our jewellery before the game starts! Still can't believe we conceded at their place because of that. Think it was Lucas Digne.

Anyway, this game smacks as the drawiest of draws. 1-1.

Christ, what a complete s***-show that really was. It's about time we beat this lot!

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

Our record against Bournemouth in the premiership is **** atrocious.

we don't have many full on bogey teams anymore but they really seem to be one. desperate for us to win this. it's about freaking time.

• Like 1

We will not take them lightly but i am already having premonitions of a nightmare high line being breached by their quick wingers.  Not something i would have ever imagined but i would prefer to be pragmatic at the weekend and play to negate their strengths.  Then we can use some of ours to match up . Good news is having Ty this time to get his head on everything . Gonna go 2 -1 . A tough tough game . Its true these days. No easy games ever in the prem . From 1 to 20 there is quality in every team . 

Can't see it being anything but a desperate end-to-end nerve-fest from kickoff until the final whistle with one team desperate not to be relegated against another tired of being set at 11 and on the cusp of European "pre-contention", if that makes sense?  Prepare for anxiety.

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1