Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

On 14/03/2023 at 22:23, tomav84 said:

we don't have many full on bogey teams anymore but they really seem to be one. desperate for us to win this. it's about freaking time.

Nevr been the same since Ted McDougalls flying header, in front of the Holte End.

• Like 1

A draw against West Ham away probably wasn’t the worst result in the end and again helps to give us a nice buffer against the teams below us. Hopefully we can go a place or two higher still, it’s going to be tough, but Fulham at least seem catchable. Another win on Saturday and it keeps the pressure on the teams above us.

Kamara, Coutinho and possibly Dendoncker out? Maybe Dendoncker will make it on the bench at least? I don’t think Emery will shuffle the pack too much, although Bailey has been in woeful form for a while now, I can still see him starting this one, especially being at home:

Martinez

Cash       Konsa             Mings       Moreno

McGinn         Luiz

Buendia                      Ramsey

Bailey       
                                    Watkins

Subs:  Olsen, Sinisalo, Young, Digne, Carlos, Chambers, Dendoncker, Traore, Duran 

Bournemouth had a great result last weekend but they’re still near the bottom for a reason. If we can keep an eye on Billing who seems to charge forward a lot, then I’m pretty confident that we can get the right result here to keep our decent form going.

Going to say a 2-1 win but could be a right slog and nervy game. UTV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I hope Kamara is back so we can drop Bailey. 

I think we'll be unchanged but Traore could get a start perhaps. Also got a feeling Young may be in contention as he hasn't started for a while, Cashy really struggled last weekend and was subbed after an hour so with the pace Bournemouth have got I wouldn't be surprised to see Young at RB.

• Like 2

Tricky one to call tbh. I think a repeat of the Palace game could happen here. Bournemouth have had a good couple of games but one thing teams in a relegation battle struggle with is consistency. 

Sounds like Kamara is still injured for this so I’d imagine it be the same midfield as last game. Got a feeling Billing is going to be a problem for us tomorrow I don’t know why. 

1-0 Villa win but a tough game.