Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

Our team just looks light weight at the moment against teams like Bournemouth who have big strong players.

Hopefully we can play fast passing football and Bailey has his 1 in 8 good games as otherwise, this may be a struggle.

Will leave the pool and go and out my lucky pants on in a bit in preparation for the game and keep my fingers crossed the hotel wifi will stay up so I can watch them game.

6 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

They have been pants lately, but they're not hopeless footballers. This should be a good chance for them to find some confidence/form.

Providing the fans don’t get on their backs after one mistake or perceived mistake of any kind.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Big game for JJ to find some confidence 

Perhaps he's been cack because his team mates shout "JJ!!" to him, and he hasn't got a **** clue who they mean.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No Kamara is a problem 

It is but at least we’ve got an inform John McGinn. Lets just try not to give away loads of corners again like last week.

Bailey and Ramsey have got the nod and know themselves they need to start producing the goods. Its good management by Emery keeping faith. Early goal infront of the Holte again please Leon

25 minutes ago, smg said:

Providing the fans don’t get on their backs after one mistake or perceived mistake of any kind.

imo you're not a fan if you do this. it's so detrimental to the team as a whole.

• Like 1

Starting Bailey again is just a joke now. I've said it before but I really would love to know Emery's honest opinion of him as a footballer, there's no way an intelligent manager is watching that shit thinking "he's good enough to start for a Premier League team". **** ridiculous 

We really do need to be beating Bournemouth. 

Last week fair enough can look past it but dropping points against 2 of the bottom 3 twice on the trot wouldn't be good no matter what. 

Also don't want the gap to 10th growing even more..

Just now, est1874 said:

Starting Bailey again is just a joke now. I've said it before but I really would love to know Emery's honest opinion of him as a footballer, there's no way an intelligent manager is watching that shit thinking "he's good enough to start for a Premier League team". **** ridiculous 

Bailey is likely very much a confidence player and right now his confidence is rock bottom. I don't think questioning Emery's intelligence as a coach is the reasonable conclusion to draw from his inclusion in the starting eleven, but I dunno. You do you I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

He might be trying to drum up interest in him for the summer 

Just now, paul514 said:

I would have gone with Duran over Bailey today 

tbf I would too, but I trust in Emery's decision. Maybe he'll be given some time to kick off and if he doesn't hit the ground running he'll be subbed. I have no trouble with this.

• Like 1

If it were me, Traore didn't look great last weekend, but he was a noticeable step up on Bailey, and he'd have got the nod, but when did he last play a full game of football? If we witness another stinker from Bailey I hope he's off nice and early for Traore and left to earn his spot back in the lineup.

Looking at our 11 and bench today it’s a miracle we are even close to the likes of Chelsea. It wouldn’t be out of the question to add 3-4 players to this team, we’re really at the point where it’s needed if we want to kick on.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Just now, Davkaus said:

If it were me, Traore didn't look great last weekend, but he was a noticeable step up on Bailey, and he'd have got the nod, but when did he last play a full game of football? If we witness another stinker from Bailey I hope he's off nice and early for Traore and left to earn his spot back in the lineup.

yeah I don't think either Traore or Duran are fit enough to play at full speed for 90 minutes as it's looking right now.

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Bailey is likely very much a confidence player and right now his confidence is rock bottom. I don't think questioning Emery's intelligence as a coach is the reasonable conclusion to draw from his inclusion in the starting eleven, but I dunno. You do you I guess.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to wonder why the boss keeps starting him.