Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't put your hands on and claw at a player running away from goal. Simple.

Absolutely idiotic.

but we would never have got that.

I'm still sticking with the 2-1 predicted win for us i made in the pre match thread, think halftime came at the wrong time for us there but if we can come out of the blocks and feed ollie some more decent chances then we will leave London with the 3 points

Edited by Villatillidie95

Just now, briny_ear said:

A dive maybe, but that was just rank stupidity from Bailey.

TBF to him it wasnt that bad of an error, Buendia has done far more to warrent a penalty

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Getting stressed out reading this thread...  Holy cow...

We're creating some of the best build up play under Emery so far because West Ham aren't pressing us high up the pitch.  They're preferring to double up on the passing lanes, but our movement is ripping them apart at times.  Moreno is fantastic going forward and we look like we're going to score every time he gets on the ball in the final third.  We could have easily scored 3 more goals on another day.  

That said, West Ham's team is set up to soak up pressure and counter with Benrahma & Bowen's pace.  Going to be another stressful half, but I think we can pull out a win here with an early goal in the second half.  

I think we are doing OK, just need to swap Bailey for 2nd half 

The commentary team on my channel sound like a pair of West Ham fans, not sure who the co-comm is but he’s willing them into space constantly and gives no credit to anything Villa do. The landan word removed bias is real. 

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Moreno worries me defensively.....Bowen is getting crosses in.

Digne would be mince-meat by now.

Bowen is just a good player. Moreno might be beaten once or twice but he's doing well enough I think.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

I just wish we'd have a little more common sense about these calls. It's stupid by Bailey yes, but it's so obviously, cynically abused by Paqueta and it's there for all of us to see. Can we not have some sense of rationality in these decisions?

Lol, I'm just really bothered with how soft and stupid that pen was when we have VAR as well.

Agreed, I think the enforcement of fouls in the box just encourage this behaviour, there's absolutely no way that he goes down if that "tug" is in the middle of the pitch

The enforcement needs changing, it's a joke, but in the context of PL refereeing in 23, Bailey is **** stupid to do what he did

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He doesn't claw though, or pull him back or anything.  The guy just hits the deck.

Bailey is entitled to try and stop him. Nothing Bailey does inhibits Paqueta from moving - he just hits the deck. It should have never been given. He doesn’t fall over anywhere else on the pitch - so why is suddenly a foul now? 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think pushing mcginn forward is the exact opposite of what he needs. Whenever he's not got a clearly defined defensive role he instantly decides he needs to stand next to our striker and Mark himself out of the game. 

There might be something in that, I'd still like us to put an extra body in midfield, whether that be Young directly or by moving McGinn - I'd like us a bit more solid

How about Carlos on for Bailey and free up Cash to join Moreno on attacking duties?

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Here's Paqueta's dive for the pen. Disgrace

.spacer.png

https://ibb.co/C2NC2cg

But Bailey shouldn't have given him the opportunity to dive. 

Everyone knows an attacker will crumble like a pack of cards with the slightest contact. 

Bailey knows full well he's been dumb by putting his hands in the air afterwards. 

Yes it's a dive and yes it should have been overturned bjt any contact and they're generally given and once given never overturned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

The commentary team on my channel sound like a pair of West Ham fans, not sure who the co-comm is but he’s willing them into space constantly and gives no credit to anything Villa do. The landan word removed bias is real. 

It's Tony Gale.  A West Ham player and West Ham fan.  Absolute spunk trumpet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Here's Paqueta's dive for the pen. Disgrace

.spacer.png

https://ibb.co/C2NC2cg

As paqueta tries to lift his left leg, its hits Bailey's right leg. It's soft buts it's a pen and it's stupid by Bailey. He shouldn't be all over the back of a player in the penalty area that is running away from goal

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1