Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

but Ramsey has been anonymous.

I actually can't remember the last time he was anything but anonymous. 

Regressed massively since those early games under Gerrard 

Hate to be negative but Bailey really is a waste of space.

JJ looks way off it I'm not sure this role suits him, or he's just out of form.

Poor Oli is living off scraps.

McNeil has the better of Cash, Digne has not been tested much but a total waste on the ball and going forward.

McGinn and Kamara have been ok but we really need to improve across the team.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

No, it's more of the same that we've seen over the past 3 seasons from McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey, & Bailey...  The crowd gets on their back and the opposition presses them in possession, and we stop moving to create an option for the ball carrier/make hospital passes and give the ball away.  Emery is a serial winner and the players need to step the fook up or get the fook out.  Sick and tired of seeing this same behavior, regardless of who is in the manager's dugout.  Many of the players starting for us aren't good enough and Emery, Pep, or fooking Mourinho isn't going to magically make them better by playing a low block.  

To be fair McGinn was our best player that half. He’s kept the ball well and made some decent passes. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Yeah, not been the same since he came back from injury. Time's still on his side so I'm hoping he becomes the player we think he can be, but he's been very poor for quite a few appearances

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Emery likes pace up front.

I guess Bailey is our only forward who has genuine pace and can carry the ball (although i dont remember the last time i saw it).

Struggling to see the pace over and above anybody else, just not the same player I saw that played for his previous team….seems slower and not great.

Again our problems coming from konsa and cash when we have possession.

We are getting very predictable,  play out from the back it always goes down the left. If konsa or cash have it, all they do is wait for the back pass to try and move it back and then left.

Bailey so far very poor, same from watkins, neither have a first touch today. Digne I'm beginning to not have any faith in.

But just sorting out the right side which is a mess, will help the entire team.

Edited by brummybloke

Just now, sidcow said:

Worst of it is he still picks up some really good positions in midfield, turns and has acres in front of him with Ollie pulling defenders away... And he doesn't seem as incisive anymore, could be confidence but it's really disappointing to see

He's lost his ability to drive from deep

KW away

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I haven't been able to watch the first half. How have we be doing so far?

10 mins good, the rest not so good but Everton aren’t much better. 

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

I haven't been able to watch the first half. How have we be doing so far?

Our playing out from the back has really got the fans going. Produced a few almost goals too, and we're certain goals will be scored in the second half.

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get that.. but there has got to be some common sense and logic to it...

Certain situations you can't " play " yourself out of

especially when we are weak on the ball.....a feather would not us over.

• Like 1

I'd bring Buendia on for Bailey if he's going to keep this system. It looks like Emery is asking Bailey to get closer to Watkins which is dragging him inside where I think he isn't strong enough to play. He needs to be wider which is why I'd have Buendia on, unless he changes the system and gets Moreno in front of Digne as a winger. We need width down both sides though. This is a little Stevie G esq in regards to how narrow we are in the final third.