Antonio Cordón - New Sporting Director?

HalfTimePost

Get this guy in!!

Link

“It is clear that Betis is above everything. Antonio Cordón is almost nobody for what is the greatness of this club. That is way above me. I came to contribute my grain of sand, which for some will have been less and for others it will have been more. I think I'm happy with my job. I promised that we were going to wake up the giant and we have done it together. It's a very nice goal accomplished."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have no idea what Lange does but I do think our signings have been a very mixed bag since he took over as DOF. 

Yes his predecessor  Suso had consistency of signing everyone from the Belgian league.  

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I see this guy was sporting director at Villareal for about 15 years! That’s some serious longevity in the role.

Not quite. Became Sporting Director in 2008 as far as I can tell. Various scouting and analyst roles before that.

3 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Not quite. Became Sporting Director in 2008 as far as I can tell. Various scouting and analyst roles before that.

Ah fair enough. Still must have been doing good things at the club to be there so long. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I see this guy was sporting director at Villareal for about 15 years! That’s some serious longevity in the role.

He was Chief Scout for 8 years and Sporting Director from 2008

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

In fairness, the net suso was able to cast was a lot smaller than lange's

True it’s shocking how difficult it was to attract talent then compared to what it  is now for a newly promoted team.

On 23/02/2023 at 12:14, nick76 said:

Why would Lange accept that himself?  If someone was brought in to replace me, unless I’m going to a job I want or a promotion then I’m leaving.

Why not? If he is better suited to a stats role then dint see it being a issue. Reshuffles happen in businesses and even in governments all the time 

On 23/02/2023 at 11:40, Demitri_C said:

Id keep lange but move into a different area of the club if this is to go ahead

I love this post. Non of us know what he even does but we should keep him for another area of the club where we’ll again have no idea what he even does !  🤣 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why not? If he is better suited to a stats role then dint see it being an issue. Reshuffles happen in businesses and even in governments all the time 

You don’t think it’s an issue but he probably will.  It’s not a computer game you realise where you can just move parts around, he’ll have a career he wants and given his role I doubt he’ll want to move into a purely stats role, likely more junior given his current role given avfc isn’t a large organisation in comparison to the companies where the reorganisation happens as easily.  He’ll have options elsewhere if decides to look at other clubs and we’ll likely not want basically duplicate skill set so would move him on.  Yes people move around in business a lot but you’re moving him around like players on a pitch 😂

Edited by nick76

21 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I watched this video of him with auto translate..

Impressed..

Sounds ideal to work alongside Unai, which is vital. Saying we need to give 120%, indicates that he has ambitions even higher than the great Ron Saunders. 

Building the team, that builds the squad, that takes the club to where we want to be and where NSWE have ambitions to be. They don’t regard this as a dream, they regard it as a target, with plans in place to achieve their target. 

Â