Antonio Cordón - New Sporting Director?

HalfTimePost

I've just re read Cordon's wiki page and was suitably impressed. Emery will know all about his abilities as Antonio spent 17 years at Villarreal joining as a scout and rising to sporting director. The Villarreal structure that Emery walked into was largely built on Cordon's efforts.

His work at Real Betis is well documented, and his CV seems well tailored for Villa. I don't have a clue whether there was any truth in earlier links, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he were to join us.

• Like 1

They guy on Twitter reporting that, also said Monchi might leave Sevilla. I wonder, with the success he had with Emery at Sevilla. Could we see him work with Unai again?

Edited by duke313
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They guy on Twitter reporting that, also said Monchi might leave Sevilla. I wonder, with the success he had with Emery at Sevilla. Could we see him work with Unai again?

Was about to say this, would be a great pick up!!

Odd club for what is such a highly rated sporting director to join, especially considering the calibre of clubs he was linked to.

Olabe seems to have been our first choice given the links were said to be accurate in January, but he's since extended his contract at Sociedad. Wonder who we'll go after now.

11 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

If Sevilla win the Europa league maybe Monchi would want another project? He has also worked with Emery before. I’d be really happy with it. A coup for sure.

Would take another eye watering offer and we won’t be the first to knock on his door with a bag of gold but don’t ask don’t get. 

On 17/05/2023 at 18:54, Nigel said:

Id love to be in Mrs Cordons masonette when Purslow turns up sheepishly on the doorstep.

In his Lamborghini?

21 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

If Sevilla win the Europa league maybe Monchi would want another project? He has also worked with Emery before. I’d be really happy with it. A coup for sure.

No, its a lamborghini......The Holte end, should know.

On 22/05/2023 at 07:23, dudevillaisnice said:

So... a Coup de Villa?

I'll get me coat.

Monchi be great but his time at Roma was a struggle in that maybe Sevilla just the perfect club for him at the right time

Signed Robin Olsen for 10 million to replace Allison 😂

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Monchi be great but his time at Roma was a struggle in that maybe Sevilla just the perfect club for him at the right time

Signed Robin Olsen for 10 million to replace Allison 😂

Yikes.

Double yikes.

On 22/05/2023 at 00:30, wishywashy said:

Odd club for what is such a highly rated sporting director to join, especially considering the calibre of clubs he was linked to.

Olabe seems to have been our first choice given the links were said to be accurate in January, but he's since extended his contract at Sociedad. Wonder who we'll go after now.

Marinakis is exceptionally wealthy, besides being a fat despicable bastard.

Olympiakos are a bit of a joke at the minute and their fans are seriously mad that he's been spending so much time on Forest while they languished in a distant third place this season. They basically need a complete refurb, so I imagine he's signed Cordon and given him full power to do as he pleases and modernise the club. Hope he fails miserably though, as Olympiakos are a shower of bastards. ΜΟΝΟ ΑΕΚ!

Â