Antonio Cordón - New Sporting Director?

HalfTimePost

Antonio Cordón has been linked in a few media pieces lately as having offers from both us and Barcelona as the new Sporting Director.

It now appears he's not going to Barcelona..

Putting us in pole position for the ex-Betis SD. Saw this line about him online during the Barca rumours.

Cordon has been behind the smart recruitment that has allowed Betis to win a Copa del Rey and qualify for the Europa League on a shoestring budget. However he communicated his decision to leave last week, and has departed this week, amid rumours that he may join Barcelona’s recruitment department.

Interestingto see if he pops up replacing Johan Lange soon

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What are the big wins by Flash?

Signed a lot of older players since he took over summer 2020 or players that have been at bigger clubs. Probably hiring Pellegrini has been his biggest deal

Edited by Zatman

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id keep lange but move into a different area of the club if this is to go ahead

Why would Lange accept that himself?  If someone was brought in to replace me, unless I’m going to a job I want or a promotion then I’m leaving.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:
36 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

"Will not enter Barcelona". 

Encouraging, I hope he enters us

Hopefully he uses a cordom

It’ll leave a sticky situation with Lange, he’ll be a bit salty about it.

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why would Lange accept that himself?  If someone was brought in to replace me, unless I’m going to a job I want or a promotion then I’m leaving.

Lange might be fine moving to a smaller cubicle, as long as he can keep his own stapler and favourite desk chair.

• Haha 3

would make sense if we are going to be shopping more in the Spanish/South American market.

Cant see why anyone would go to barca, they have no money, and just free transfer any player they can so they can sell them on or bulk their squad out, not much for a DoF to do there tbh.

would also make sense to get a new DoF in way before summer also, so they can start working on deals now.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

Not that I know anything about this chap really, but it’s exciting to think that our recruitment department might be getting a shake-up, and this guy seems to have good credentials.

However, he did come out and say that he was just leaving and not going anywhere else imminently. Obviously he might be fibbing, but I won’t get too excited just yet.

Quote from the piece in the Birmingham Mail (so you don’t have to click the link and endure the terrible website): 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-real-betis-cordon-26303232.amp

Cordon was expected to see out the remainder of the season, while he was also asked about reports linking him with a switch to Barca, to which he replied: “I’m laughing... I have nothing with any club. My departure is not because I'm going to a club... for the moment, so nothing.

“It is true that, undoubtedly, now they are going to link me to many teams, both in Europe and in Spain, but it is what it is; it is something that I have to accept.”

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

would make sense if we are going to be shopping more in the Spanish/South American market.

Cant see why anyone would go to barca, they have no money, and just free transfer any player they can so they can sell them on or bulk their squad out, not much for a DoF to do there tbh.

would also make sense to get a new DoF in way before summer also, so they can start working on deals now.

Its quite fitting with our Spanish sounding name, the fans holiday homes and package holidays.

Arriba de la Villa.

Â