Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

16 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Don’t we play a slight variant of that anyway? Set formations aren’t really a thing anymore 

Yeh we kind of do, it’s more just for allowing us to play 3 centre backs similar to the way Man City seem to play and to a lesser extent Liverpool. 

Like you say, it’s very fluid regardless. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No. 4222 switching to 622 on defence. When Moreno bombs forward the right back tucks in

We’ve also switched to a back 3 in game Young tucking in Moreno providing the width on the left and Bailey on the other flank. As I said set formation is really a thing it’s more a fluid shape. 

Just now, gwi1890 said:

We’ve also switched to a back 3 in game Young tucking in Moreno providing the width on the left and Bailey on the other flank. As I said set formation is really a thing it’s more a fluid shape. 

That's what I said. Right back tucks in when Moreno bombs forward but that's situational not starting framework

If we can get Torres over the line, and add a ST/RW it will have been a decent window, I reckon. Not epoch shattering, but adding quality.

As it is, and even with Torres, the fact that we'd still be forced to start Bailey every week would be disappointing, but we're edging toward getting it done.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's what I said. Right back tucks in when Moreno bombs forward but that's situational not starting framework

That’s what I said before you quoted me to by slight variant 😂😂😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

Erm look at the accounts? Read the new FFP rules for wages?

OK, so you're talking about financial reports that suggest we have "plenty of wiggle room" and hinting at proposed salary caps?

There are at least 513 Pauls I'd prefer to argue a case for me.
Please don't react with more pouty "erm..." posts. It's only light-hearted japery. 😘

We can pay 200k or more for the right player(s), and soon enough we will. We'll have to as the plans are clearly to join the elite and that means elite level players.
It's also what Edens has accepted in the NBA so no reason he'd balk at it here.

• Confused 1

Very disappointing that we never were in the race to sign Maddison who appears to be ending up at 8th placed Tottenham, surely if we'd gone for him we'd have had a good chance there. Maybe he was too expensive for us but he'd have been a massive upgrade on Buendia.