Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Jas10 said:

Just let me dream man 😂

We could see Bailey or Coutinho come in against Newcastle, McGinn can support Ollie up there too… we have options…

Not sure about Youri on the left…

Tielemans isn’t playing off the left don’t worry. 

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

BBC have transfer rumours aggregated where they just list rumours and the source even though source is often rubbish

Yeah, I'm not talking about the rumor page. 

I'm talking about transfer news, not speculation. 

Links that could still happen:

Zaniolo, Doku, Chiesa, Goncalves, F Torres, Cellabos, Montiel, Fresneda

Links that won’t happen:

Felix, Kessie, Adams

Other than F Torres, there is not many striker links there, and if Archer goes out it increasingly looks like we need one.

It also occurs to me that we were looking and supposedly offered on Doku aswell as Diaby, so that’s a position we were looking to fill, similarly Goncalves, Adam’s and Felix, none of which are yet filled. 

All points to one or two players still being needed and possibly looking for the market to fall into place before we close deals. If Archer goes out that’s possibly one other too? 

One thing that I’ve not seen mentioned is that if Archer is going and Dendoncker is able to leave then it suggests Tim Iroegbunam will be kept around as part of 1st team being 4th home grown player and back up to Big Boubs. 

Edited by villaglint

38 minutes ago, villaglint said:

One thing that I’ve not seen mentioned is that if Archer is going and Dendoncker is able to leave then it suggests Tim Iroegbunam will be kept around as part of 1st team being 4th home grown player and back up to Big Boubs. 

I think he doesnt count as he did his academy stint at the baggies.  He started v Walsall . Went off at half time and supposedly been injured ever since. I think we mostly thought he had been left behind due to him going on loan when they went off to America but maybe it was injury that stopped him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Collomose said yest that Fringe players must be moved, and the club will consider approaches for Philippe Coutinho, Digne and Leander Dendoncker, among others.

Have posted several times I think we need to offload some players that won't make the squad before we can bring more in, for FFP reasons if nothing else

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

Links that could still happen:

Zaniolo, Doku, Chiesa, Goncalves, F Torres, Cellabos, Montiel, Fresneda

Links that won’t happen:

Felix, Kessie, Adams

Unless something happened late last night, no way is Chiesa more likely to happen than Felix

7 hours ago, villaglint said:

Tim doesn't count as homegrown for us, he's still a West Brom academy graduate as it stands as as he's not been trained by our club for 3 years

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Have posted several times I think we need to offload some players that won't make the squad before we can bring more in, for FFP reasons if nothing else

Genuine question, but does the chronology matter? i.e. can we still bring players in today on the condition that some leave before the end of the window (or even January)?

My guess is that the books would need to be balanced ahead of a set observation date, but as long as they're in order by the time they're assessed we're free to conduct business in the order we wish.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

To add, I don't for a second believe that Monchi and co would leave the outgoing to chance until after the new arrivals appear. They will already know who needs to find a new team, and will be actively working on it whether they leave before or after more new recruits.

• Like 1