Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

I'd be perfectly happy if our business was done already. I mentioned months ago that we didn't need loads of signings, just a couple of real quality that can push this squad on and we've done that imo. 

Depending how you feel about Archer you could argue a backup striker could be needed but personally I'm good with Archer as backup, think he'll be fine, and still have Duran. 

Great summer for us.

A mate asked me today whether id take Ilheanacho as the Watkins back up and I absolutely would. The likes of Calvert Lewin would be another great option but no chance of that, hed cost a fortune and would expect to start if he could stay remotely fit. 

Im concerned that Emery doesnt fancy Archer but in Unai we trust. 

32 minutes ago, Nicho said:

A mate asked me today whether id take Ilheanacho as the Watkins back up and I absolutely would. The likes of Calvert Lewin would be another great option but no chance of that, hed cost a fortune and would expect to start if he could stay remotely fit. 

Calvert-Lewin?

When he’s not posing with a man bag he’s on the treatment table.

I think we can do better than Iheanacho as well and I’m sure we will.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, markc said:

Sky sports reporting two unnamed prem clubs are after Kasper Schmeichel.

Sounds like one is Forest. Would any one take him over Olsen.

Reports saying he's none to popular with his teammates at Nice.

He doesn't want to be a back up is why he will probably leave Nice

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I really hope we don't get Felix. We aren't a big enough team for him but will consider Saudi. **** right off.

We won't. 

I am not sure why there was all the hype for him from so many on here either.

Fwiw, I wouldn't want him anywhere near this club anyway.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nicho said:

No. Good lord no to Calvert -Lewin. He's finished. I said on this forum last year about chatting to a guy who was mates with a couple of Everton physios who told him he's done as a top flight player.

• Like 1

I dint see anyone else coming in before saturdays game. We go with what we have.

Ill be honest i think we ill see another 2 more in at best

I think rb and a striker are the main positions that need filling. Unless the runours that bailey has been out for sale then another wide player but i thibk he will be given until January to prove lord emery

10 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Calvert-Lewin?

When he’s not posing with a man bag he’s on the treatment table.

I think we can do better than Iheanacho as well and I’m sure we will.

agree apart from the last bit

I'm not sure we will and think that's why we're "happy" with what we've got

ollie 15 goals, diaby 10, buendia 10 should see us through

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think we'll see goals coming from all over the team. Not saying Konsa will be scoring many more like his in pre-season but I can see the midfield chipping in with a good few goals. If Ollie stays fit could be a 20 goal season for him, we make a lot of chances. Looks like we've got lots of ways of getting into the box to create something nowadays.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But is just seeing us through good enough for Unai?

15 hours ago, Jas10 said:

How about these bellends?

spacer.png

That GIF summed it up perfectly 🤣

I mean they must be on the White Lightning or Frosty Jack's 🤣

Wolves fans are delusional muppets, probably because they finished 7th once under Nuno a few years ago when they actually had a good team before they sold players like Jota, Neves and Patricio. Yes they clearly don't like admitting we are better than them because we are in the local area, but we are far better than them, only Nunes and Neto would make our bench that's how much better we are than them. 

Watkins wouldn't 'probably' get in their side, he'd walk into it, our centre backs are far better than theirs, our left backs are better than theirs, our goalkeeper is better than theirs, our centre mids are far better than theirs, our wide players/attacking mids are probably the one area that the teams are close but I'd still choose Ramsey over Neto (not the same player after injury) and Diaby over Podence. For such stupid talk I hope they get relegated tbh, reminds me of the mind the gap comments all those years ago, pathetic.

Anyway sorry mods for going off topic, just annoys me when smaller clubs start talking nonsense.

Feels like the waiting game is being carried out now. 

We work on getting rid of players and be primed, ready to pounce when a good looking deal comes up at the end of the window. 

I'd say that will see us get in a striker and midfielder, with possibly a young full back as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PerryBarrPet said:

But is just seeing us through good enough for Unai?

emery will see the market better than us, along with the scouting and the availability and then also who turned us down and for what reason

he will be more aware of how scarce it all is, this idea that we desperately need a striker (or a back up keeper) he is best positioned to know that he isn't getting one because what he wants isn't available so whereas we as fans will be disappointed i'd imagine he wont be, he's got the luxury of the knowledge as to what's actually going on

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Feels like the waiting game is being carried out now. 

We work on getting rid of players and be primed, ready to pounce when a good looking deal comes up at the end of the window. 

I'd say that will see us get in a striker and midfielder, with possibly a young full back as well. 

You can’t beat a late cheeky swoop, especially if it’s audacious!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

emery will see the market better than us, along with the scouting and the availability and then also who turned us down and for what reason

he will be more aware of how scarce it all is, this idea that we desperately need a striker (or a back up keeper) he is best positioned to know that he isn't getting one because what he wants isn't available so whereas we as fans will be disappointed i'd imagine he wont be, he's got the luxury of the knowledge as to what's actually going on

Spot on.

On 02/08/2023 at 10:29, Jas10 said:

Tbf, I think Poch will get more out of those players than previously seen… probably already seen it during preseason. He’ll definitely do a better job than ol’ Frank 😂 (Potter’s stock has dropped drastically, no one seems interested in him either…)

I can’t understand how they can manage and be allowed to have such a huge squad or “roster” though… should have to offload a few (Saudis helped out with that 🙄)… and did they only have to pay a £10m fine for breaking ffp??! WTF?

We’ll see a better Chelsea this season but I obv don’t know exactly how much of an improvement there will be…

With our progress and momentum under Unai… we could do really well and upset that established order. If everything goes well, I can only see City and Arsenal as “dead certs” to finish above us… but I’m not saying we’re finishing 3rd! 😂  Liverpool but it depends on whether they sort their midfield out… and aren’t too disrupted, they surely won’t be as bad as last season…. Probably Man U if Ten Hag works things out…  but let’s kick their asses good and proper this season!!!

I’m feeling confident about finishing above Spurs, possibly Chelsea if they struggle through some sort of transition…

I think we can finish above Newcastle and are better… 

Brighton are always a problem and a bit unpredictable…

Anyway, I think the aim could be 5th but I don’t want to add any pressure or raise expectations… 5-7th is a good and reasonable aim imo…

Happy to have stability and steady progress with Unai…

Maybe the first step is just to try and establish ourselves as a top 6 team and regular European qualification… it’s not going to be easy but Unai is the man!

I’ve read that his “real aim” for the near future is CL and a trophy… he is very ambitious… some more business in this window will only help…

Edited by TRO