Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Don't hate the idea of Dest tbqh, especially if he ends up being a free. Not yet 23, can cover both flanks from front to back, very quick, VERY good at playing out of pressure, actually reasonably good at winning the ball back higher up the pitch and keeping possession going in the opposition half as you'd expect from an Ajax/Barca player. Major downside is his tendency to pick up lots of little muscle strains that keep him out a few games at a time which has kept him from finding consistency at club level. As an option to switch our highly attacking fullback to the right side or to go all out if we're trying to break a side down, he might prove useful. The better we are at keeping the ball, the less we actually need to defend, as well, and he's a big upgrade on Cash/Konsa at RB in terms of playing out (unless Ez is beginning his Yaya Toure arc with that run!). The type of player Emery is famous for revitalizing, too.

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

Hypothetically seeing the media keep wanting to sell Martinez for us … Say we got £65mill (and £30mill for Bailey) would you take it, if we could sign Bounou and say Chiesa & Felix… ? 

Nobody is paying us £30m for Bailey.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

My Step Dad was a wealthy man, growing up he told me money doesn’t buy happiness it buys choices.

Some choices you take can make you content, happiness doesn’t exist.

"Money doesn't buy happiness, it buys choices," this is very true.

In this life the more choices one has the more freedom one has. So the money you have the more freedom you have. 

"Some choices can make you content but happiness doesn't exist," this is a crappy statement. 

Some choices can make you content is obvious, some can make you happy, some can make you sad, others can make you angry. This is just hot air. You're not really saying anything worthwhile.

When Villa signed Diaby were you happy? Happiness is a state of mind. It can be lasting or fleeting. My daughter was born 44 months ago, I still feel warm happy loving feelings when I think of her or see her. When Villa signed Diaby I was happy, now I just want the football to start. If Diaby does well then I will still be happy we signed him. But that happiness is only in relation to my love of Aston Villa.

For some people what they covet most is freedom, if such a person became super rich, I'm sure they would be very happy for the most part. Of course that depends on what was the cost of becoming rich was!

Happiness is a state of mind, if you covet happiness then you have to nurture your state of mind, you have to do and act in a manner that not only has positive outcomes, but makes you feel happy about yourself and the person you are.

If you covet money then you just have to find a path to riches that suits you. There are many paths to wealth. However you get out what you put in. If you invest considerable efforts into making yourself and those around happy, you will create a lot of happiness, if your efforts are minute however, then so will the happiness you create. The same applies to money. Whatever you desire is in life, but you won't get it unless you put in concerted, and consistent effort.

If you're not happy, you need to put more effort into being happy (if you want happiness that is).

Money gives you freedom, but also security, and control. It's the ultimate life hack. It becomes easier to make yourself happy, because you can use it to create a bubble around you that is far more resistant to outside pressures. But that is merely one way to use money. Money for moneys sake is worthless. Money only shows its worth when put to use. 

So money can't buy happiness, but it can make finding happiness a lot easier. Especially if you place emphasis on the material. But ultimately only you can make you happy. Nothing else or no one else can.

6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

In this life the more choices one has the more freedom one has. So the money you have the more freedom you have. 

"Some choices can make you content but happiness doesn't exist," this is a crappy statement. 

Some choices can make you content is obvious, some can make you happy, some can make you sad, others can make you angry. This is just hot air. You're not really saying anything worthwhile.

When Villa signed Diaby were you happy? Happiness is a state of mind. It can be lasting or fleeting. My daughter was born 44 months ago, I still feel warm happy loving feelings when I think of her or see her. When Villa signed Diaby I was happy, now I just want the football to start. If Diaby does well then I will still be happy we signed him. But that happiness is only in relation to my love of Aston Villa.

For some people what they covet most is freedom, if such a person became super rich, I'm sure they would be very happy for the most part. Of course that depends on what was the cost of becoming rich was!

Happiness is a state of mind, if you covet happiness then you have to nurture your state of mind, you have to do and act in a manner that not only has positive outcomes, but makes you feel happy about yourself and the person you are.

If you covet money then you just have to find a path to riches that suits you. There are many paths to wealth. However you get out what you put in. If you invest considerable efforts into making yourself and those around happy, you will create a lot of happiness, if your efforts are minute however, then so will the happiness you create. The same applies to money. Whatever you desire is in life, but you won't get it unless you put in concerted, and consistent effort.

If you're not happy, you need to put more effort into being happy (if you want happiness that is).

Money gives you freedom, but also security, and control. It's the ultimate life hack. It becomes easier to make yourself happy, because you can use it to create a bubble around you that is far more resistant to outside pressures. But that is merely one way to use money. Money for moneys sake is worthless. Money only shows its worth when put to use. 

So money can't buy happiness, but it can make finding happiness a lot easier. Especially if you place emphasis on the material. But ultimately only you can make you happy. Nothing else or no one else can.

Wow that’s so philosophical @Philosopher :)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Grealish used to make me happy on the regular. 

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Username checks out.

Edit: beaten to the punch by Adam.

Edited by Enda
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Wow I love this post, you should start your own thread on Happiness..

It seems to me that there is a paradox that people without money seem to think they know more about whether money makes you happy than people that have a lot of money..

At the moment, the signing of Chiesa would make me very happy.. for a week or two..

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Totally not happening

If we still have that sort of money left to spend on an attacking player (which I doubt) we should be seriously considering activating Olise's rumoured £35m release clause.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Totally not happening

4/5 days ago in the very dubious Italian short web transfer market article for clicks category there were a few about Chiesa saying no to us. Then yesterday the equivalent English BS merchants are saying NSWE are 'preparing' another bid....