Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Interested in what positions as we're stacked at CB and CM now. Left back is fine once Moreno is fit.

Just leaves RB and probably another forward player.

RB agree, Goal keeper , attacking midfielder striker.

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

No it’s called having a squad … 

I’m all for having a squad and having proper impact players or game changers available from the bench… as well as cover and competition. I’ve been banging that drum for yonks…

I just put the question out there but I don’t think it’s always so straightforward… there are other factors to consider such as finances/ffp, player reaction/attitude (some want/demand first team football and won’t accept a reserve role)… egos to manage etc.

Not specifically aimed at an individual player, but if the opportunity arises to recoup the outlay or even make a profit on a player who is maybe not deemed important/crucial, has underachieved, has not met expectations etc. there may well be a consideration to sell and even bring in a better option…

I mentioned Bailey because there are rumours or reports that he is available for sale if a reasonable offer arrives… the same goes for Dendoncker, but I also stated that I want Leon to stick around and expect an improvement in his performances and contributions…

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Went through the last 6 days worth of tuttomercado tweets and this wasn't showing for me. Total BS rather than total villa maybe? 

Dunno but links aren’t always extracted or copied directly from tweets, sometimes it’s from website articles, interviews, audio, video etc.

A few different sources have claimed we have an interest in Doku.

Can’t really say how real the link is or what the intent is regarding signing him, whether an offer has even been made or turned down. Apparently, we’re willing to pay so much but not quite meeting Renne’s demands.

Maybe the interest died down after we signed Diaby… the initial link or report of our interest claimed that Doku was an alternative or backup target to Moussa, pretty sure that was from Romano.

It’s really hard to tell what the actual facts are regarding transfers tbh… until a player has actually signed 😆

The odd link or rumour from not an obviously fake or bad source just gives us reason to have fun speculating and thinking of where a player fits in and whether we think they’d be a good signing or not…

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Dunno but links aren’t always extracted or copied directly from tweets, sometimes it’s from website articles, interviews, audio, video etc.

A few different sources have claimed we have an interest in Doku.

Can’t really say how real the link is or what the intent is regarding signing him, whether an offer has even been made or turned down. Apparently, we’re willing to pay so much but not quite meeting Renne’s demands.

Maybe the interest died down after we signed Diaby… the initial link or report of our interest claimed that Doku was an alternative or backup target to Moussa, pretty sure that was from Romano.

It’s really hard to tell what the actual facts are regarding transfers tbh… until a player has actually signed 😆

The odd link or rumour from not an obviously fake or bad source just gives us reason to have fun speculating and thinking of where a player fits in and whether we think they’d be a good signing or not…

I think Romano said that we’re interested getting Doku wether or not we got Diaby. (Not quite sure if it was Romano or someone else.

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

I think Romano said that we’re interested getting Doku wether or not we got Diaby. (Not quite sure if it was Romano or someone else.

The only thing I saw from him was that Doku was a back up option, that was before we completed the Diaby signing…

I’m all for adding quality to the squad, just don’t know whether the link is legit or even active now… we’ll have to see. I don’t think our business is done, seems like getting a few more players out is the immediate priority for now… then we’ll act on good opportunities if they appear - pretty much what Unai said in his last presser, more or less…

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

RB agree, Goal keeper , attacking midfielder striker.

AM is a bit difficult given Buendia and Coutinho are still around plus we can also stick SJM in that role for selected games.

Think I'd also like to see Aaron Ramsey get some chances there as season progresses given he had a few assists in the championship so obviously has a good pass on him.

Don't think it's a high priority now, might be in 12 months time as Coutinho and probably even Buendia will be moved on so there will be creativity void.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

If we've got any sort of ambition to challenge the top 4, we need to have quality like Doku, Diaby AND Bailey available to us.

For too long we've had versions of the same player to make up our squad. One-dimensional coaches who just want to bring on "fresh legs".

Emery likes to change personnel based on opposition and in-game.

It's time we had 20 first-team players so we can really cause people problems.

I agree, BUT we need a right back first

9 hours ago, burchy said:

Only posting as said he’d be a good option for us but how the hell do Chelsea get away with this, including the loan to Strasbourg, who their owner has just bought hasn’t he. Boils my piss

Stuff like the Hojlund deal just shows why these clubs go about using these kind of multi-club models, as unsavoury as it may be. They could have gotten him for relatively cheap last year but weren't sure of him, suddenly a year later he's £50 million or so more expensive and there's huge pressure on him coming good as a result. Think we're going to see more and more like this Ugochukwu deal.

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Went through the last 6 days worth of tuttomercado tweets and this wasn't showing for me. Total BS rather than total villa maybe? 

Its from their website

L'Aston Villa non si ferma per Doku: Monchi pronto alla seconda offerta al Rennes

L'Aston Villa continua il pressing su Jeremy Doku. Il club di Birmingham è intenzionato a rinforzare l'attacco per la prossima stagione e ha deciso di puntare dritto sul belga classe 2002 del Rennes. Monchi non ha perso tempo e ha immediatamente sferrato la prima offensiva offrendo 25 milioni di euro ai rossoneri francesi che però hanno declinato la richiesta dicendo di volerne almeno 30.

L'Aston Villa non si ferma per Doku: Monchi pronto alla seconda offerta al Rennes - TUTTOmercatoWEB.com

A bit nervous about this but so be it, either Unai thinks he's good enough or we can't make a deal happen financially at the moment and we have other priorities, that's fine if not ideal.

Or Unai just isn't going to openly say he wants a change when Olsen is here and playing. He's been open about wanting Strikers before so he's fine talking about plans normally. Though suppose it's different when you're asking about keepers as it clearly wouldn't be for competition to Emi, it'd just be an ending to Olsens time here so could be a little more secretive about it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If Unai sees enough from Olsen in training, then I trust him. If he can play this in such a way that Olsen gets a confidence boost, then so be it: another Unai master stroke.

Or it could be that we can’t get rid of him. 

Or that there's not many world beaters jumping at the opportunity to sit on our bench all season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Would it mean someone like Bailey being moved on?

You'd have Diaby, Bailey, Philogene and Doku as your wide options. Lots of games to rotate for injuries, form, suspensions, fatigue, etc.