Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Interesting… Arsenal now being linked to Raya… he wouldn’t want to be a backup… neither would Ramsdale… genuine competition?

Not saying we could do or afford similar… I do think we could do better than Olsen though…

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I could easily see us playing that at Newcastle.

Not sure it would work so well at home to Everton and general low block teams, certainly need a Cash type for those home games.

We have loads of flexibility in the squad now and a manager who'll rotate and tweak when required which is different to pretty much all the British managers we've had in last 25 years.

I think that Tielemans spot there is open for either an on form Buendia or a new attacker…

We could also stick Diaby or Bailey out on the wing, in McGinn’s position, but that could leave us defensively vulnerable…

Regardless, we finally have good options for a change and Unai can tinker and change as he sees fit…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Interesting… Arsenal now being linked to Raya… he wouldn’t want to be a backup… neither would Ramsdale… genuine competition?

Not saying we could do or afford similar… I do think we could do better than Olsen though…

Raya probably going to Bayern Munich (amazed Spurs didn't sign him). If that happened though I'd be in like a shot for Matt Turner.

Played well for US in the World cup and I've been impressed with his level in Arsenal cup matches, very commanding on crosses and good shot stopper (remind you of anyone....).

29 so he's at that age like Emi was where he'll want to go and play somewhere more regularly so to me that would be good insurance if we get to next summer and Emi decides he isn't signing a new deal so we might look to cash in then.

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think that Tielemans spot there is open for either an on form Buendia or a new attacker…

We could also stick Diaby or Bailey out on the wing, in McGinn’s position, but that could leave us defensively vulnerable…

Regardless, we finally have good options for a change and Unai can tinker and change as he sees fit…

I think Tielemans will start more PL games than McGinn this season (injuries permitting).  Tielemans and Luiz, supported by Kamara, has the potential to be one of the best midfield partnerships in the country.  McGinn will definitely play plenty and will still be an important part of our season - I also expect him to probably play even better than he did towards the end of last season.  However, if Emery arrived at the club and none of our midfielders were already here - you can easily see him signing: Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans and probably Ramsey.  I'm just not sure that McGinn would.  That doesn't mean to say that Emery won't get him playing better or that McGinn can't adapt his game (both of those points were already proven last season).  There will be plenty of times when McGinn's tenacity will be absolutely perfect.  But if we get Tielemans back to the level he was a couple of seasons ago (which I think we will and more) then he's almost the perfect CM for us.

In many ways who start more is slightly irrelevant - I'm still incredulous that a position that even 12 months ago I thought was holding us back and causing all kinds of problems impacting on the balance and shape of the team has been transformed so that we now have: Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans, McGinn, Ramsey and possibly the US friendly version of Emi B competing and challenging for positions and giving us a whole heap of different options.  Quite incredible.

I'd like us to sign a new attacker to give us more goal threat and options up front and also address the RB position as I am not sure that Cash or Konsa or Chambers are quite what we need.

Edited by allani

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Raya probably going to Bayern Munich (amazed Spurs didn't sign him). If that happened though I'd be in like a shot for Matt Turner.

Played well for US in the World cup and I've been impressed with his level in Arsenal cup matches, very commanding on crosses and good shot stopper (remind you of anyone....).

29 so he's at that age like Emi was where he'll want to go and play somewhere more regularly so to me that would be good insurance if we get to next summer and Emi decides he isn't signing a new deal so we might look to cash in then.

Emi will sign a new deal next summer.  I mean who wouldn't on the back of winning the FA Cup, a European competition and finishing 4th in the league? 😉

• Thanks 1

Well just watched team sheet tantrum with the love of Paul Mcgrath Podcast & a viewer called PSK sent in a message saying there will be news on an incoming in the next few days 🤔 Neil commented saying excellent & commented on saying he has been very very right very very often & thanked him for the heads up 👍 it's early in the podcast bout 6 minutes in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Well just watched team sheet tantrum with the love of Paul Mcgrath Podcast & a viewer called PSK sent in a message saying there will be news on an incoming in the next few days 🤔 Neil commented saying excellent & commented on saying he has been very very right very very often & thanked him for the heads up 👍 it's early in the podcast bout 6 minutes in.

Oooh… exciting…

trying to find it now…

35 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Na, that’s collapsed… as it stands, and if nothing changes, he’s not going to Bayern.

All the noise is about Arsenal now.

Forest are moving for either Henderson or Turner…

Emi isn’t going anywhere… key to our plans and future… as massive for us away from the pitch as he is on it. Would be an enormous gap to fill… we wouldn’t get the same quality and personality…

17 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Can’t find it mate… listened back around the 6 minute mark..?

28 minutes ago, Frodo said:

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

It's around 10-11mins Jas. 

13:07

just a very quick one…

wonder who we’re bringing in?