Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

48 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I like it when we get along 😄

But I’m happy to debate calmly and look at things differently… it’s what brings greater value to interactions and highlights points that may have been missed or overlooked…

Much more preferable to an argument…

Jas there will be times we disagree, but maybe they are not polar apart,issues,  just nuances.

as you say,  grown conversation, that can include differences of view, is stimulating and food for further thought.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's a Socratic method joke. Asking a question as a response 😉

Ok...I was answering the real meaning..silly me.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

blimey..you're on form..enjoyed it.

I’m just repeating what I’ve seen and heard… I don’t have a clue about anything 🤣

Here, check these out and enjoy:

There was an interview with Konsa too, it’s on the OS.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m just repeating what I’ve seen and heard… I don’t have a clue about anything 🤣

Here, check these out and enjoy:

There was an interview with Konsa too, it’s on the OS.

Haven't seen them.

Wow....Emotionally stimulating/ motivating....thanks.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think we’re past it… you know? I think we finally have the manager to both unite the fanbase and actually brings us tangible success…

One thing that’s really flown under the radar and not being talked about enough (I want to emphasis this point) is how quickly Unai “bought in” to the club, our “culture” and established a connection with the fans… he integrated into the “Villa way” so quickly and constantly highlights the importance of this and praises us fans quite regularly… it’s quite incredible. Many may have assumed that a foreign manager would not have been able to do this but he’s absolutely left the previous incumbent “in the dust” in all  aspects - including this one, the one where he probably failed in most and didn’t even bother attempting to work on… I think Unai deserves a lot more credit for this than he has been given…

He has an incredible amount of class, dignity and humbleness/humility - I absolutely love it. After all his success and experience too. Whereas the previous guy just had a massive ego and little behind that…

Unai uses words and phrases like “us”, “we” and “up the Villa” quite often too… what a guy, if you can win the fans over and connect with them a massive part of the job is already done really…

If we continue on this trajectory… I see absolutely no need to complain or argue about anything…

In the past, we’ve had difficult or miserable times that bring about frustration and anger, fans are more likely to clash and engage in conflict than as our emotions are heightened because we are so invested… in those times, a bit of a break is probably advisable but I don’t think we have to worry about that any more…

Spot on....The pace of his integration, and culture stimulation, is phenomenal.

Humility is one of the most underrated things in life....it can move mountains, but like most things, it helps if it comes with other attributes, like knowledge, determination, and will.....and he has all that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Spot on....The pace of his integration, is phenomenal.

Humility is one of the most underrated things in life....it can move mountains, but like most things, it helps if it comes with other attributes, like knowledge, determination, and will.....and he has all that.

I loved Deano…. But I absolutely ADORE Unai:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Looks like Chambers will be in at RB if Cash is unavailable.

He did alright at Chelsea as a sort of third CB when he came on but we were already leading so different dynamic starting game at 0-0 and needing to be on the front foot.

3-5-2 will work better when Moreno is fit again.

Going on that I definitely feel right back will be our weakest link this season unless we sign someone.

Cash, decent, but not top class. Was being kept out the team at times last season by 38 year old Young. OK defensively but lacking going forward, perhaps because his technical ability isn't strong. Always been a great athlete and always seems a top bloke, ergo great for squad but easily the most upgradeable in the team for me.

Konsa could be like a Ben White and excel there, but it's a risk and would mean we'd have no right back bombing forward on that side. Might be good if Diaby plays on the right wing though as defensively he isn't strong from what I can tell. 

Chambers is very average, will do a job and has played at the highest level for Arsenal but I do wince when he plays as he is very slow. Again seems a great bloke and won't complain if not playing, but would worry if he was playing right back much next season.

Pretty much every other position we have at least one strongish first choice - striker, winger, central midfield, central defence, left back, goalkeeper (obviously Olsen at number two is not great but Martinez is world class). Right back just seems the odd one out for me even if I would like another forward and goalkeeper. Surely someone new is coming in to be first choice but we will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Going on that I definitely feel right back will be our weakest link this season unless we sign someone.

Cash, decent, but not top class. Was being kept out the team at times last season by 38 year old Young. OK defensively but lacking going forward, perhaps because his technical ability isn't strong. Always been a great athlete and always seems a top bloke, ergo great for squad but easily the most upgradeable in the team for me.

Konsa could be like a Ben White and excel there, but it's a risk and would mean we'd have no right back bombing forward on that side. Might be good if Diaby plays on the right wing though as defensively he isn't strong from what I can tell. 

Chambers is very average, will do a job and has played at the highest level for Arsenal but I do wince when he plays as he is very slow. Again seems a great bloke and won't complain if not playing, but would worry if he was playing right back much next season.

Pretty much every other position we have at least one strongish first choice - striker, winger, central midfield, central defence, left back, goalkeeper (obviously Olsen at number two is not great but Martinez is world class). Right back just seems the odd one out for me even if I would like another forward and goalkeeper. Surely someone new is coming in to be first choice but we will have to wait and see.

I think many oppositions tactic was to drop diagonal balls behind that right back position....told its own story....The back post could be better defended in the air too...a header back across goal, leaves us vulnerable.

We have to fix that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Surely everyone knows that's the shape we play now? Why is this guy congratulating himself?

It'll very often be an attacking player where Tielemans is though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Surely everyone knows that's the shape we play now? Why is this guy congratulating himself?

It'll very often be an attacking player where Tielemans is though.

I think, it could well be Luiz/Buendia up there instead of Tielemans (who’s more likely to partner Kamara) and Pau on the left rather than Mings who will dominate the centre. We can finally rotate too…

Shaping up well really but I’m all for adding an extra attacking threat, someone who can make us even more dangerous… meaning one of the midfielders would have to drop out…

McGinn covers that right side well and also helps us out defensively…

If we can get Buendia on top form, similar to how he played against Newcastle, he could feature regularly…

Diaby will bring goals and assists…

Is there room for one more I wonder?

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

PSG have signed Tenas. I'm sure there was a rumour about him as well. Remarkable. 

Ugarte, Kang, Asensio, Simons, Tenas.

I think that one was only a tenuous Tenas link.;) Fast Show - I'll Get Me Coat on Make a GIF

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I could easily see us playing that at Newcastle.

Not sure it would work so well at home to Everton and general low block teams, certainly need a Cash type for those home games.

We have loads of flexibility in the squad now and a manager who'll rotate and tweak when required which is different to pretty much all the British managers we've had in last 25 years.

• Like 1