Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I monitor this thread to see if we are making a legitimate signing. I've seen untold posts from people including yourself if I could be bothered to find it expressing dismay that the numerous links aren't coming to fruition. The social media infested transfer window is ridiculous. That's all I'm pointing out most of the time. We've signed 3 excellent players out of +100 links but in flip side pages of comments about Pubill because of 1 tweet that's spawned a dozen other tweets. It's nuts. After this post we're guaranteed to sign Pubill obviously

I understand what you mean, there is a speculation source blacklist of a reason, originally for unreliable media outlets. Yet now any random social media muppet-link gets posted. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I understand what you mean, there is a speculation source blacklist of a reason, originally for unreliable media outlets. Yet now any random social media muppet-link gets posted. 

That list is about starting new threads.

Once upon a time on this forum each tenuously linked player would get their own thread to discuss the merits and likely hood of the signing. 

Then this thread was created to collect all the speculation and bollox in one place, leaving player threads for genuine links. 

It works pretty well, though evidently not everyone is satisfied. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, striker said:

Confirming that Grealish was part of a relegation team then went to the last game against West Ham to avoid relegation again. Which proves my point that being part of a side that was relegated doesn’t make you a bad player.

That is unless you are blaming Prowse for getting Southampton relegated? In which case I would suggest you look at his stats for last season!

I'm not blaming JPW, I'm saying your comparison is poor. Stay on point.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That list is about starting new threads.

Once upon a time on this forum each tenuously linked player would get their own thread to discuss the merits and likely hood of the signing. 

Then this thread was created to collect all the speculation and bollox in one place, leaving player threads for genuine links. 

It works pretty well, though evidently not everyone is satisfied. 

Yep this thread is doing exactly what it’s meant to do.  It’s stopping multiple threads being created for rumours and speculation that is unverified, unsupported but nonetheless a link.

• Like 1

Surprised with all the hype surrounding him and relatively low release clause that Gabri Veiga still hasn’t signed for anyone…. I wonder if our name is in the mix quietly in the background. 

47 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Surprised with all the hype surrounding him and relatively low release clause that Gabri Veiga still hasn’t signed for anyone…. I wonder if our name is in the mix quietly in the background. 

Agree.

I've read he's very close to 3/4 clubs so far. So his agent is certainly active.

Could be added costs in there most clubs aren't happy with still.

15 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

If Mark Twain were alive today and posting on twitter most people would discount his statements as cringeworthy memes. 

On That Note...............Perhaps he's happy where he is.

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Still hoping we are interested but to be honest I don’t think we have the money that Forest would want to let him go. 

I know there’s an element of gamble, but I do believe he’ll be worth £60-70m in two seasons time… I’d love us to get him now before then, when only Citeh or probs NUFC will be able to pay that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Still hoping we are interested but to be honest I don’t think we have the money that Forest would want to let him go. 

Well yeah, because we spent it on someone better. 

• Like 1