Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Matt Maher the most reliable journalist for Villa news has said we're looking at signing a goalkeeper and a right-back, the Athletic one of the most reliable for Villa news whether people like it or not saying we're looking at right-backs and left-backs, all the more reliable publications said we want two forwards, I said possibly a midfielder, which is possible if Dendoncker leaves, also we've been linked to an whole host of young number ten types - Xavi Simons, Arda Guler, De Ketelaere, Thiago Almada, Baena, Moleiro, Zaniolo, which makes me think we want a young  No10 type to challenge Buendia.

I didn't say we were going to sign players in all those positions, it depends on outgoings as I said, and clearly suggested it might only be a right-back when we sign, but when you break it down signing players in any of those position is possible and as such the club will be working on many deals even if they don't end up happening.

• Like 3

If likes of Olsen, Digne, Chambers, Dendoncker, Traore or anyone else leaves they will be replaced, in some instances our youngsters might be able to replace them, but others we will want a more established player.

What I think will happen, and obviously just guessing is that we will sign a goalkeeper, right-back, and one more forward, I wouldn't be overly surprised if we signed a left-back even if Digne stays but if that happens I think the left-back would be sent out on loan.

But as above there are many different scenarios that can happen based on different outgoings.

God Alemany is just so clever my brain can't handle it :lol:

If we want him, we should pay £0.00 like Stoke just have for Wes.

And Barca should pay half his stupid salary like we probably are for Wes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

£4m … or even £8m for Hudson-Odoi seems very cheap for a good 22 year old England international. Is he rubbish now? 

He’s barely played for two years since Bayern offered £50M for him if I’m not mistaken…..great business there for Chelsea.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s barely played for two years since Bayern offered £50M for him if I’m not mistaken…..great business there for Chelsea.

Chelsea have had a shocker there… £8m is absolutely nothing these days. Almost think we should go for it for that price… he’d be a good squad option for the money

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

God Alemany is just so clever my brain can't handle it :lol:

If we want him, we should pay £0.00 like Stoke just have for Wes.

And Barca should pay half his stupid salary like we probably are for Wes.

How can they force him? They tried to force De Jong, that didn’t work.

• Like 2

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Chelsea have had a shocker there… £8m is absolutely nothing these days. Almost think we should go for it for that price… he’d be a good squad option for the money

More than we’re getting for Wesley 😂

I’d be all up for signing Hudson-Odoi for £8million as long as there’s no stupid clauses attached… he’ll be 23 in November and be great to see him fulfil his obvious potential with us. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We don’t even have to pay £8m but just beat Fulham’s bid.  £5-6M would probably do it.

• Like 1

All the hyenas think they're coming out for our best players right now, too. It's so predictable and depressing, and I thank Emery and owners and all our previous managers who had the foresight to get some our players signed to long contracts. The arrogance in how these ridiculous stories are reported infuriates me, so I guess I do get baited by them  -- "Spurs want Luiz," "Poch has decided he wants Martinez," "Manchester United will be adding so and so to their plans," etc etc etc. Drives me batty, and if you know me, you know I don't need additional fuel for the fire in that department heheh. This is one which I'm sure many of you saw today on Kamara is one I found especially irritating for some reason.

Untitled.jpeg

His displays are said to have caught the eye of Anfield officials. The Reds were understood to be looking at Southampton's Romeo Lavia as their main target but Kamara has emerged as another alternative in addition to Kalvin Phillips and Bayern Munich’s Ryan Gravenberch.

Jurgen Klopp has lost captain Jordan Henderson after he completed a move to Saudi Arabian side Al-Ettifaq this week. Kamara, meanwhile, is under contract at Villa Park until the summer of 2027.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

All the hyenas think they're coming out for our best players right now, too. It's so predictable and depressing, and I thank Emery and owners and all our previous managers who had the foresight to get some our players signed to long contracts. The arrogance in how these ridiculous stories are reported infuriates me, so I guess I do get baited by them  -- "Spurs want Luiz," "Poch has decided he wants Martinez," "Manchester United will be adding so and so to their plans," etc etc etc. Drives me batty, and if you know me, you know I don't need additional fuel for the fire in that department heheh.

Untitled.jpeg

Did you photoshop the ball into this or what?!

11 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

All the hyenas think they're coming out for our best players right now, too. It's so predictable and depressing, and I thank Emery and owners and all our previous managers who had the foresight to get some our players signed to long contracts. The arrogance in how these ridiculous stories are reported infuriates me, so I guess I do get baited by them  -- "Spurs want Luiz," "Poch has decided he wants Martinez," "Manchester United will be adding so and so to their plans," etc etc etc. Drives me batty, and if you know me, you know I don't need additional fuel for the fire in that department heheh.

Untitled.jpeg

1D6C4D82-EEBA-4B14-965C-7B128E69A9B6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Because Alemany is a genius! They'll force him out!!

Alemany: “We’re going to sell you”
Torres: “I don’t want to leave”
Alemany: “ We’ve accepted a bid from [insert club]”
Torres: “I’ve rejected their contract offer”
Alemany: “NOOOOOOOO, YOU CANT DO THAT.”

Its that simple.