Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

What is he like for Sweden out of interest?

Better than for Villa but he's dropped a lot in quality over the last 3 seasons. Does come up with the odd really, really good performance but even then he's good for a real clanger or 2. He has more confidence when playing for Sweden but he's still poor with his feet and really slow getting to the ground on low shots. 

• Thanks 1

Matt Maher who I always trusted to break tomorrows news today has said we're interested in a new goalkeeper, he's about as reliable as it gets when it comes to Villa news, so likely correct, he has also said we're interested in a right-back as well, that one pretty much stating the obvious though.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Do you genuinely think we can win anything next season if Olsen is playing the majority of cup games? 

All it takes is for him to have one half where he reverts to type and we are out of the league cup, FA Cup or Europe. Just can’t take the risk and mainly because of how poor his distribution is means that the team will never be comfortable with him in goal. 

Agreed if we have to trust him in Cup competitions Villa will not advance very far at all.

This is how I see us following recent acquisitions and confirmed departures:-

GK - Martinez, (New)

RB - (New), Cash

LB - Moreno, Digne 

RCB - Konsa, Carlos

LCB - Torres, Mings

CM - Kamara (New)

CM - Luiz, Tielemans 

RM - Buendia, McGinn

LM - Ramsey, (New)

SS - Diaby, Bailey

ST - Watkins, (New)

Kids to keep around - Irogebunam, Philogence, A Ramsey, Archer 

Sell:-

Olsen

Chambers

Hause

Dendonker 

Countinho

Traore

Davis

Wesley 

Loan:-

Duran

5 new signings in an ideal world, but it could be argued that Dendonker, Countinho and Duran could be retained for the Midfield/Forward options, and Olsen/Chambers could be retained for the GK/RB options. I think we would make a good account of ourselves with the squad as it is. 

Realistically, a first choice RB, a back-up GK and someone who can cover LM/ST would be 3 more ideal signings and really set up up for the season! 

UTV! 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just fed up with the hysterical bashing of Olsen. If Emi parries that ball to Wilson nothing is said. If he's really that bad Emery will replace before the windows end and everyone's happy

Every single time he plays he makes a howler and doesn't look confident doing the basics. It's not some irrational criticism... He just isn't very good! He certainly isn't suited to being the'sweeper keeper' type that we need anyway. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Every single time he plays he makes a howler and doesn't look confident doing the basics. It's not some irrational criticism... He just isn't very good! He certainly isn't suited to being the'sweeper keeper' type that we need anyway. 

He must have been good at some point  though - thats what i dont get. He should be entering pretty much his prime as a keeper but just seems terrible at the basic of goalkeeping and football itself . how has he managed to regress at a time that coincides with working alongside one of the worlds best and at world class facilities?!

4 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

He must have been good at some point  though - thats what i dont get. He should be entering pretty much his prime as a keeper but just seems terrible at the basic of goalkeeping and football itself . how has he managed to regress at a time that coincides with working alongside one of the worlds best and at world class facilities?!

The signs should have been there when we were his 4th loan club in 3 seasons.  Another gift Stevie G has left us with.

• Like 1

I can understand the reluctance to Bamford, he's done nothing to endear himself to us over the years, after all. Leeds would probably want near top dollar for him too and he might be reluctant to accept that he would be below Ollie in the pecking order (given they were quite recently competing for the same England place). Like Vardy, he faces a season in the Championship and both would see themselves as better than that. If UE does feel Bamford could do a job for us, that's good enough for me though.  

6 minutes ago, John said:

I can understand the reluctance to Bamford, he's done nothing to endear himself to us over the years, after all. Leeds would probably want near top dollar for him too and he might be reluctant to accept that he would be below Ollie in the pecking order (given they were quite recently competing for the same England place). Like Vardy, he faces a season in the Championship and both would see themselves as better than that. If UE does feel Bamford could do a job for us, that's good enough for me though.  

Both are Championship level strikers now. Bamford only ever was.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Matt Maher who I always trusted to break tomorrows news today has said we're interested in a new goalkeeper, he's about as reliable as it gets when it comes to Villa news, so likely correct, he has also said we're interested in a right-back as well, that one pretty much stating the obvious though.

Thank god. Emerys seen enough of that useless oaf olsen 

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just fed up with the hysterical bashing of Olsen. If Emi parries that ball to Wilson nothing is said. If he's really that bad Emery will replace before the windows end and everyone's happy

The internet is basically the wild west where you can experience (just as in real life), the full gamut of human behaviour, but it is particularly true that the loudest opinions get heard more on there, often without merit.

This isn't one of those occasions, Olsen clearly isn't good enough, so much so, that he's a glaring weak link.

We can't have that much of a drop off in Emi's absence, if we are serious about doing well again this year. The majority opinion on this occasion, with the crazies included, are absolutely right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Bamford is a world-ending cock.

He's a bonafide cheat and absolutely robbed an England cap all while looking like he moonlights as one of Harry Potter's Quidditch rivals. 

Imagine it being 1-1 in the final of the FA Cup when we win a (dodgy) penalty and look at our CFs to see Ollie and Bamford fighting over the ball to see who will miss it....

Edited by allani
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Both are Championship level strikers now. Bamford only ever was.

I think he had a couple of seasons, but they have both found their level now. 👍

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

We could see that amount of activity happening… especially if we’re successful in completing our outgoing transfers…

I think we need a RB who’s more focussed on defending and probably better at it than attacking…

Rather than a marauding fullback like Moreno…

We may want to switch attacking sides but Cash is the only proper RB we have and we need someone who can oust or push him… unless we’re serious about putting Konsa there, I don’t think a player like Dumfries or Frimpong are suited to our setup…

i thought emery said wed fuinished for buying this window