Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Is Duran injured atm and back in BH getting treatment with Moreno and JJ?

I thought Duran missed the start of pre-season due to international commitments at the start of the summer break?  But haven't seen anything about him being injured.

14 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Kaylor navas would do for a couple million quid. 36 years old, still a decent keeper and can't be worse than olsen. 2 year contract giving a pathway for the youngsters to take their opportunity.

Get it done 

Excellent suggestion!

8 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

sky saying were after alex oxel chamberlin

Sky, as usual, completely not in the know because they don’t care about clubs out the Sky6.  Still the only people claiming we paid £45m for P.Torres whereas everybody else reporting it’s significantly less than that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

No thanks to gnonto. We can do much, much better

Looks a decent player but was hyped up after relativity little for Leeds

I guess with the links to Johnson, Doku and Gnonto maybe there is something in these links, unless they were all just nothing more than plan Bs if we failed with Diaby

12 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

No thanks to gnonto. We can do much, much better

He’s only 19, and already good imo, he has such a high ceiling with the right coaching (which we have) he really could thrive for us. 

• Like 3

I’m still slightly concerned with the size of our squad if we seriously want to challenge in both the league and Europe. We need 2 good players in each position ideally. I know it’s probably not realistic to have the same level of player in what is seen as squad players compared to first team but I don’t think any of the youngsters are ready and will probably be loaned out again so more additions may be needed.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted with how we are looking and really excited for the new season. I just think those with talk of top 4 are really getting ahead of themselves. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Bit telling that Cash played the full 90 mins.

Yes, I was laughing at Newcastle somehow still having Javi Manquillo on the one hand, but on the other we have no-one at all and that's definitely not an improvement. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Bit telling that Cash played the full 90 mins.

Yep, another RB is now surely the number 1 priority. Either an upgrade on Cash, or a young player as backup who eventually replaces Cash.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m still slightly concerned with the size of our squad if we seriously want to challenge in both the league and Europe. We need 2 good players in each position ideally. I know it’s probably not realistic to have the same level of player in what is seen as squad players compared to first team but I don’t think any of the youngsters are ready and will probably be loaned out again so more additions may be needed.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted with how we are looking and really excited for the new season. I just think those with talk of top 4 are really getting ahead of themselves. 

If you look at our squad we’re actually pretty tight on the squad limits already. As plenty of people have already discussed the club-homegrown rules for Europe are an extra restriction to contend with. Really the only position missing is a right back to challenge Cash, otherwise it’s a case of one in, one out (plus the likes of Hause, Traore, Sanson who are clearly not going to be here next season).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

If you look at our squad we’re actually pretty tight on the squad limits already. As plenty of people have already discussed the club-homegrown rules for Europe are an extra restriction to contend with. Really the only position missing is a right back to challenge Cash, otherwise it’s a case of one in, one out (plus the likes of Hause, Traore, Sanson who are clearly not going to be here next season).

Fair point. I guess once we have been able to move on those mentioned plus Dendonker we may bring some in.  A right back and a striker maybe ?  Not sure if Archer is ready.  Definitely need a backup keeper.  I’ve Navas mentioned and if he is happy being a number 2 then I think he would be worth the wages. He could play the European games. 

Also how long is Moreno out for and will he still be the same player ?

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Kaylor navas would do for a couple million quid. 36 years old, still a decent keeper and can't be worse than olsen. 2 year contract giving a pathway for the youngsters to take their opportunity.

Get it done 

Didn’t realise he was that old… if he’s happy to be backup to Emi then it’s a great shout!

PSG loaned him to Forest last season, maybe we could do a similar deal…

We badly need to replace Olsen, he’s too nervous and calamitous! I’d go as far to say that he could derail our season if he’s required to play a significant run of games - if Emi is injured or suspended.

There is no greater downgrade in the squad than Olsen coming in for him.

It’s urgent!

Edited by Jas10

5 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

We must have a plan for it.

If we somehow don't bring in a RB and are concerned about the homegrown quota, we'd never have sent KKH on loan as that would have solved both of our problems.

There's over a month yet to bring somebody in for that role, and we have more than enough talent for the homegrown quota, just need to balance off who spends more time on the bench than playing on loan this year. 

Marschall, JJ and probably Archer are a given this year. Meaning we need one more (does Marschall count?).

The new Loan and Development manager will.be looking at a long list of names and seeing whether someone can genuinely help the First Team and stay this year (probably AJ), or whether somebody sticks around rather than go on loan for their development to ensure the likes of AJ can go on loan get games in a crucial year in their careers.

Ramsey, Omari Kellyman, Kadan Young, Tommy O'Reilly, Ben Chrisene,  Lamare Bogarde, Josh Feeney any one of them could be named in the ECL squad if needs be

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Get it done 

I'd even take 40 year old Pepe Reina over that clown Olsen. 

• Confused 1