Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Kellyman isn't really a surprise inclusion, he's one our very best academy players and probably best or most promising attacking midfielder we've had since Aaron Ramsey and Chukwuemeka, he's close to their level.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him make his first team debut next season, as he's in that area where he's too young for a loan, but talented enough that if we get the right draw in one of the cups then he could come off the bench and get some game time that way.

Kadan Young, and Travis Patterson, in a similar situation.

Edited by useless
I mean he's close to their level as they were when they were playing for our U21s
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, useless said:

Kellyman isn't really a surprise inclusion, he's one our very best academy players and probably best or most promising attacking midfielder we've had since Aaron Ramsey and Chukwuemeka, he's close to their level.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him make his first team debut next season, as he's in that area where he's too young for a loan, but talented enough that if we get the right draw in one of the cups then he could come off the bench and get some game time that way.

Kadan Young, and Travis Patterson, in a similar situation.

Yeah I think the 'surprise' element with Kellyman is more the meteoric rise through the ranks. He has shot through. He only started his first ever u21 game this February (scoring the winner in a 1-0). It'll be exciting to see how much further he can go this season.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

A spelling mistake by MrBlack. What's the World coming to?

Dem must be contagious...

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

No, no.  It's a new word!

Appreciate the effort to back me up, but I can't even remember what word that was meant to be 🤣. Possibly "around", but it's not even close!

55 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Are you suggesting that if the right offer came in, 95% of Premier League players would move to the Saudi League? That would be quite stunning.

It really wouldn’t be stunning though would it?

By definition ‘the right offer’ means it would happen.  The only thing up for debate would be what ‘the right offer’ would be.

If every footballer here was offered £1bn to play in the Saudi league for 1 year.  I’d be stunned if less than 95% of them moved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Thug said:

It really wouldn’t be stunning though would it?

By definition ‘the right offer’ means it would happen.  The only thing up for debate would be what ‘the right offer’ would be.

If every footballer here was offered £1bn to play in the Saudi league for 1 year.  I’d be stunned if less than 95% of them moved.

That's outside the realms of reality though isn't it

If someone offered me £1m a year to live in downtown Mogadishu I would but no one is going to make that offer

The scare mongering is getting out of hand

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

That's outside the realms of reality though isn't it

If someone offered me £1m a year to live in downtown Mogadishu I would but no one is going to make that offer

The scare mongering is getting out of hand

the debate is about ‘the right offer’, not what is realistic.

He literally suggested that if someone WAS to offer you £1m to live in downtown Mogadishu, that he would be stunned if you took the offer.

But you’ve literally just said that you WOULD in fact do it for ‘the right offer’.  Proving my point.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Thug said:

the debate is about ‘the right offer’, not what is realistic.

He literally suggested that if someone WAS to offer you £1m to live in downtown Mogadishu, that he would be stunned if you took the offer.

But you’ve literally just said that you WOULD in fact do it for ‘the right offer’.  Proving my point.

It's not really.

Someone said "95% of people who get the opportunity to get that sort of money... will take it".  You're playing some weird semantics game because @maqroll mentioned "the right offer", but it's clear he was saying he doesn't think 95% of Premier League footballers would move to Saudi Arabia if they were offered the chance.

I agree with him.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

A spelling mistake by MrBlack. What's the World coming to?

Sounds like something dodgy that you wouldn’t like to be caught doing or have done to you. “You seem to be limping mate”. “Well I’ve just been reawrded”.        OUCH!

• Haha 1