Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

58 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d put that on the media not choosing to talk about us. 

if things go to plan this season, they will be talking about us 

I think there's a lot of people (and by this I mean mainly Arsenal noise makers) who think that Emery will have a huge dip in the second season, like they think he did with them.
Almost as if things stop working after a while for the main who keeps winning european trophies.

And totally forgetting the mess he was trying to sort at their end after Wenger. 
There's a bullshit narative, which they'll trot out as something 'he's turned arround' when we will everything next year!

• Like 1

So €35m plus add ons was rejected id assume it was around €10m in add ons, we need to only bid €40m with the same add ons and not a penny more, especially shopping in the German market.

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Not sure where else to put this, but looks like the rumoured changes are taking afoot in Villa media...

The rumours of gregg leaving seems to be true. 

hope the new guy has more insider information and less contempt towards Villa 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Not sure where else to put this, but looks like the rumoured changes are taking afoot in Villa media...

#stevoITK strikes again. The only reliable ITK out there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Anyone got any Southampton following friends who know whether his coverage of them is any good?

Don’t know that but Jacob is himself also a Saints fan.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Anyone got any Southampton following friends who know whether his coverage of them is any good?

Yes I have.. My mate has a lot of connections inside Saints and he says that the coverage from the Athletic has been excellent and well informed.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Don’t know that but Jacob is himself also a Saints fan.

3 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

Yes I have.. My mate has a lot of connections inside Saints and he says that the coverage from the Athletic has been excellent and well informed.. 

Let's hope the high quality coverage isn't just because he's a fan then...

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

Good F'n Riddance.  I sub to the Athletic for the NBA coverage because the beat writer for my Pistons, James Edwards III, is so good I want to pay him for his work.  He travels with the team to all away games, has exclusive interviews/pieces on the team that you wouldn't find from other journalists, is a tier 1 source for all trade rumors and often breaks news before or alongside Shams/Woj, and is trusted by the team, so he is able to have a lot of off the record conversations/sources on what is actually happening behind closed doors.  Seeing how dedicated he is to his job and the quality of his work compared to what Gregg Evans phones in every month is embarrassing for Evans.  I've never seen a sports beat writer like Evans who has no insider sources, rarely breaks news, and only puts out a handful of articles every year which require multiple interviews and research.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

⚠️

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Are there no Villa supporting journalists who could do it?

I suspect that the Athletic doesn't want to pay for another writer, so they'd rather have some cover multiple clubs instead.  

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I suspect that the Athletic doesn't want to pay for another writer, so they'd rather have some cover multiple clubs instead.  

It wouldn't surprise me that they're trying to cut costs tbf - it's a flawed business model in this day and age. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It's not rumours. He said on a podcast with Dan Bardell he was moving to cover more golf, starting with the Open.