Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Harsh. He looked the real deal when he signed but then got that nasty injury.  The young English players MON signed were decent. 

My memory of him was the horrible sloppy lazy attempted back pass that he inexplicably put out for a corner which we conceded from and got knocked out of europe

Never forgave him

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

At the expensive of the Conference ? Going to be a serious balancing act. If we are in the mix for top 4 come knock out games does he rest players ? 

Will be a nice dilemma to have I guess.

It’s not this or that, the right balance is right. So if we’re playing a team like Norwich has been, while playing Fiorentina or Lille, we shall definitely go stronger in the Conference. Depending on our form and City, we could afford to lose the away game at the expense of Europe. But it will depend, if City wasn’t as good, or if we had a miracle with a title race. 
Anyway, that’s why I was one of the few that kept willing to go to Europe wether we’re ready or not, and wanted either CL or a conference instead of Europa. We can afford to go to most games with Emi, Watkins, Luiz or Kamara rested. The squad is fine in terms of quality (assuming we get Diaby and whoever). 
Everyone thought Brighton would lose points yet they became stronger every game they played.

I want us to compete in all 4 competitions, which would make players happy and allow us to rotate. 
We can start Archer in some league games, we can rest whoever. We had most of our 10 games run without our arguably best player Kamara. Our best performances came with a player that most want out, which is Dendonker. We just have to take all competitions seriously. LC is only 3 games to take you to the semi finals. Then another 3. Yes the timing is critical, but this is our chance as we have a big and good squad. If Tim, Archer and Ramsey didn’t get loaned, we’ll have to give them a lot of gametime. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

He still lives in Little Aston as my old boss picks up her grandkids from where he gets his kids from nursery… small world 😆 

I met him at Digbeth Dining Club once.....bloody nice bloke. 

(I just realised as I typed that, I had the voice of Tim Nice but Dim from the Fast Show in my head.....)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Awol said:

I think we’re building a squad to do both. People outside the club will be scratching their heads by the end of the window, wondering where the hell this version of Aston Villa appeared from. 

Also we're not pursuing the headless chicken tactics of the previous regime so hopefully won't be run ragged

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:
3 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Doesn’t matter how good a squad is there will always be a team that is considered the strongest 11.

Would you be able to choose Man City's best 11? It would probably depend on who they were playing

Maybe it will be the same for us!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Would you be able to choose Man City's best 11? It would probably depend on who they were playing

Maybe it will be the same for us!!

To be honest yes I could. There was certain players that would alway play the big games. See champions league final team and then compare it with games against Arsenal, Liverpool and United. How different is it? (Injuries permitted)

7 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

guy who is somewhat reliable for USMNT stuff and specifically is close with Weston McKennie. No idea what this tweet is though

My suspicion is he's on a wind up. Inferred us a small club in Jan.

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3ADiegoMendoza29_ villa&src=typed_query&f=top

I just don't think we are interested and I don't think the club will appreciate his mates running their mouths about potential deals to begin with.

Edited by The_Steve

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

guy who is somewhat reliable for USMNT stuff and specifically is close with Weston McKennie. No idea what this tweet is though

We need our heads checking if we go anywhere near mckennie.

• Like 2