Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

34 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's definitely been posting regularly and recently then.

Yes i know he's returned recently mate. lol

And i don't want him to go back into hiding.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Not a big enough jump from Bailey to warrant the signing for me....tbh I'm not sure he's better.

I want a wow signing here, Torres or Williams. 

Before we signed Moreno, would there have been a big enough jump in our opinions to justify signing him over Digne? Probably not.

• Like 2

When we speak of attacking options many of us have left out Jhon Duran, now just a question do we feel he is not at a level to play for us regularly or do we sometimes forget he exists, i see archer suggested as a option more than him and archer wasnt even with us 😂 but personally i think he is quite raw and needs plenty coaching but do you feel he will be loaned out? 

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Before we signed Moreno, would there have been a big enough jump in our opinions to justify signing him over Digne? Probably not.

Get the point but moreno was a complete unknown, so we wouldnt have been able to tell. 

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Get the point but moreno was a complete unknown, so we wouldnt have been able to tell. 

I'm not even being specific about Barnes when I say that either. It's a general thing about attributes. Two players who we perceive to be quite similar may have slightly different qualities that fit Emery in different ways. If he sees a better fit somewhere else, and we think it's not an upgrade, it might be a significant upgrade within our system.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Offer them €25m and say that’s your lot. 

To be fair if it’s a loan with an option to buy you could offer them more on the option.

we don’t have to take it up and you can always talk the option back down.

if he has done so well that he has warranted a 35 million euro option then still a good deal.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Seen a report saying it’s between us and Everton for Gnonto (jump on it, jump on it).

Seems very much like he’s in talks with Everton and agents want to speed things up. We’re now in a position where we’re not competing with the likes of Everton 

36 minutes ago, paul514 said:

To be fair if it’s a loan with an option to buy you could offer them more on the option.

we don’t have to take it up and you can always talk the option back down.

if he has done so well that he has warranted a 35 million euro option then still a good deal.

If a loan as an option to buy or even a commitment to buy, is the player tied in and has to join or at the end can he just say 'no,  PSG (or whoever) was impressed how I've done and I'm off there'  

If that's the case I'm not interested in loan deals, unless it's as temporary cover.

Edited by markc

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Seen a report saying it’s between us and Everton for Gnonto (jump on it, jump on it).

4 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Gnonto chance he joins Everton over us. 

I think Gnonto will probably be on a list as a lower option, not top.

If the reports are true, we may be working on bigger targets.

Obviously that leaves open the potential that he goes somewhere a quicker decision can be made and he feels more " valued ".

If it was a straight us vs Everton for him as a top target no chance he chooses them over us.