Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Everyone round Unai‘s for a basque culture evening. Traditional tapas (locally referred to as pintxos) from the basque region such as gambas al ajillo and dates wrapped in bacon will be served. These will then be washed down with a local red or white wine of your choosing. The highlight of the evening will then be a 4 hour long documentary on the history of the basque republic and its struggle for independence. 

Don't  forget the cider!

6 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

My concern on Kessie is he’ll probably be on a huge wage coming from a club with arguably the least financial sense in Europe, plus decent sized transfer fee too (ok €20m not mega money, but it quickly adds up) just for a player to presumably be back up to Kamara? I don’t have a problem with big wages for clear upgrades to the starting 11 but for squad players things could get very bloated very quickly if we go too far down that route 

TBH he is more of a central midfielder than a DM so I don't get the point.

Probably bull

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

If we can replace Naka, Sanson and Dendonker with Kessie that would be decent business. 

Absolutely agree.

If we can't sell any of them though, it's a lot on the wage bill.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Nothing comes cheap from Spurs whilst they have Cue Ball in charge. 

That Grealish bid still sits top of the podium amongst the most offensive bids of all time. 

Also one of the stupidest decisions of all time - if they’d bid something remotely sensible, even £15m they’d have a generational talent up front with son and Kane. Crazy opportunity missed because Levy thought he was too clever.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Nothing comes cheap from Spurs whilst they have Cue Ball in charge. 

That Grealish bid still sits top of the podium amongst the most offensive bids of all time. 

Cue ball ffs 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Absolutely agree.

If we can't sell any of them though, it's a lot on the wage bill.

Those three are assets with value which can do a job for teams to be honest 

No way we are stuck with them imo.

Dendonker probably the most saleable of them

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Those three are assets with value which can do a job for teams to be honest 

No way we are stuck with them imo.

Dendonker probably the most saleable of them

If people actually realised it, I'd say Nakamba was the best player of the 3 for a mid/lower end PL team. 

Was outstanding under Gerrard (only player who was) until his untimely injury. 

Someone will get an absolute bargain there. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, paul514 said:

TBH he is more of a central midfielder than a DM so I don't get the point.

Probably bull

First season at Milan he played slightly more games at DM than CM, second season he played DM predominantly. At Barca he played most games as a DM, about 10 as a CM, and a few games at AM.

Point is he’s equally comfortable at DM or CM, and could play either role in our squad without lowering the quality of the midfield. Great signing if we could get him, imo. 

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If people actually realised it, I'd say Nakamba was the best player of the 3 for a mid/lower end PL team. 

Didnt he only play 4 games under Gerrard?

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didnt he only play 4 games under Gerrard?

9 I think either side of that Liverpool injury, but the 3 wins against Palace, Brighton and Leicester before that game he looked like he could actually pass and was our best player. 

He's always been great defensively, someone will be getting a good lower half PL player for a pittance. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I said something similar but didn’t go down too well. I honestly reckon Nakamba would be better than Donk under Emery. If we had to keep one of them I’d rather in the former. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

9 I think either side of that Liverpool injury, but the 3 wins against Palace, Brighton and Leicester before that game he looked like he could actually pass and was our best player. 

He's always been great defensively, someone will be getting a good lower half PL player for a pittance. 

Not sure if 3 games means much at all, but he does have some PL experience and was apparently very good for Luton so surely he’ll be a saleable asset to one of the lower or newly promoted PL teams, or at worst one of the decent championship clubs. Surprised his future hasn’t already been sorted to be honest

16 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I’m not miffed about the idea of us not spending £50m per player per se, but I would be a little bit miffed about the club and people connected to the club putting out noise about wanting CL qualification when they are not prepared to spend the money that it would take to do so.

That assumes that a player who could take us to CL qualification will cost £50m.  I'd say that Kamara, Torres and Tielemans are certainly pushing us in that direction and all three of them cost less than £50m.  It's more about their value after they sign or after a full season with us that counts.

• Like 1