Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, mrhaneen said:

Fair point! But Gracia didn’t play him before that either.

I would say it's probably more to do with his age. A lot of manager wouldn't trust a 19 year old at the business end if the season, while in a relegation battle. Also his defensive aspects are very poor, which is normal for 19 year old wingers.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

If we went for Gnonto and Torres I wonder if we'd get another striker as well, or use Torres as an alternative to Watkins. 

Am I being unreasonable being underwhelmed if we got Gnonto and Torres?  I don’t think I am.

I look at our defence and added to that is top quality in P.Torres, a great back half of midfield with Kamara and Dougie, and now added Tielemans but then to add a kid in Gnonto that while has some potential and called up for Italy was barely ready for regular time in a poor Leeds team last season and then F.Torres who it is debatable if he was good at City and certainly not set Barca on fire.  

Yes I know some of you think highly of F.Torres but he’s not the level equivalent of what we have brought in other areas of the pitch like Carlos and P.Torres, and Tielemans and Kamara.  

Just hope we have somebody quality coming in in the attacking area of the pitch to compliment the other areas of the pitch because the attacking area is currently the weak part of our team.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Am I being sceptical? or are we being linked with players, we are not interested in, so the naysayers can claim, we have been turned down.

Thoughts?

Spot on.

7 hours ago, Indigo said:

Young won three quarters of his duals that night while Gnonto only managed a third of his. You'd imagine a large portion of those were against one another so it's fair to say Young got the better of things.

Gnonto is about 4 feet tall though

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Am I being sceptical? or are we being linked with players, we are not interested in, so the naysayers can claim, we have been turned down.

Thoughts?

No we are really interested in +70 players since January and none of the links are made up rubbish...

Of course the majority are made up. It's called click bait

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Am I being unreasonable being underwhelmed if we got Gnonto and Torres?  I don’t think I am.

I look at our defence and added to that is top quality in P.Torres, a great back half of midfield with Kamara and Dougie, and now added Tielemans but then to add a kid in Gnonto that while has some potential and called up for Italy was barely ready for regular time in a poor Leeds team last season and then F.Torres who it is debatable if he was good at City and certainly not set Barca on fire.  

Yes I know some of you think highly of F.Torres but he’s not the level equivalent of what we have brought in other areas of the pitch like Carlos and P.Torres, and Tielemans and Kamara.  

Just hope we have somebody quality coming in in the attacking area of the pitch to compliment the other areas of the pitch because the attacking area is currently the weak part of our team.

If they are the only 2 attacking options we bring in then you wouldn't be alone in being underwhelmed.

I disagree with you about Torres (his stats at Man City as a 19 year old - i.e. the same age as Gnonto) were actually pretty good.  So I do see him being at a similar level signing as P Torres and Tielemans.  He's a considerable upgrade on Bailey and Buendia and has got more potential that we can hopefully unlock.  30 odd caps for Spain and 15 goals shows that there is a player there.

Gnonto would be a good player to have on the bench - an upgrade on Bertie and probably Coutinho.  But at this point in his career I don't think he's an upgrade on either Bailey or Buendia.  I wouldn't be unhappy with him as an investment signing though and he does offer us something different.

But that still leaves us one attacking player light in my opinion - ideally someone who can play wide right but also lead the line if Ollie gets injured or so that Ollie can also drift to find space.  I still think that position is the most important one for us to fill - as it gives us a threat from the right AND it gives us cover should Ollie get injured.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Maybe Archer will get his chance. He scored a great goal for the U21's.

I think signing two attacking players who are on a similar level (in their position) to Tielemans and P Torres will mean that we can give Archer more chances.  It's easier to bring him on when we still have two other genuine goal threats on the pitch than it is to take off our main goal threat and expecting him to step into that position immediately.  It gives him more support and takes a load of pressure off him at the same time.  The better our starting XI / match day XVI, the easier it is to give some of the youngsters a chance as it is much lower risk to bring them on when they are still surrounded by good players and we can better control when to expose them to game time.

5 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

**** sake, was hoping we was going to be in for him 

How does that make any sense whatsoever? If it's more than release clause then how do they accept?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

How does that make any sense whatsoever? If it's more than release clause then how do they accept?!

Usually it's cause they want to pay installments over a long period( 6 years +) same as what Chelsea did with Nicolas Jackson. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Another Spanish based link - legs?…

20 year old left back for Valencia. According to Whoscored has started 11 times in his senior career over two seasons… would be a strange signing tbh