Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Am I being unreasonable being underwhelmed if we got Gnonto and Torres?  I don’t think I am.

I look at our defence and added to that is top quality in P.Torres, a great back half of midfield with Kamara and Dougie, and now added Tielemans but then to add a kid in Gnonto that while has some potential and called up for Italy was barely ready for regular time in a poor Leeds team last season and then F.Torres who it is debatable if he was good at City and certainly not set Barca on fire.  

Yes I know some of you think highly of F.Torres but he’s not the level equivalent of what we have brought in other areas of the pitch like Carlos and P.Torres, and Tielemans and Kamara.  

Just hope we have somebody quality coming in in the attacking area of the pitch to compliment the other areas of the pitch because the attacking area is currently the weak part of our team.

Unreasonable ? Not at all.. agree with everything you’ve said ✍🏽 I too would be very underwhelmed which is why i dont think any of them happen.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

And why would they offer a penny more than the release clause?

I suspect because either they are trying to stagger the payment over a number of installments or that the offer includes a number of add-ons / bonuses.  So the overall "deal" is higher than the release clause but the release clause itself hasn't been triggered because the initial fee doesn't match it.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Kaiki, Luis guilherme and matheus franca for me

Also a shame angelo has gone to chelsea

Never heard of the others but agree on Angelo. It does seem, after a lull the last few yrs, Brazil is going back to producing some excellent forwards. Vini Jr, Rodrygo the current incumbents, and still young, with the even younger Endrick and Roque

40 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Unreasonable ? Not at all.. agree with everything you’ve said ✍🏽 I too would be very underwhelmed which is why i dont think any of them happen.

Would you really be underwhelmed by us signing Ferran Torres? I’d back Unai to get him back to his best and then exceeding it. He was incredible last time out in the Prem, and young enough to be driven to recapture that form.

Haven’t really been/seen any links to proper strikers, no CFs (not a wide variety of quality/reliable ones it seems, in a traditional sense), or just (prolific) goalscorers… we can’t rely so heavily on Ollie… we need another option in his position and proper competition/cover that can be relied on to score…

The only old link I could think of, in relation, would be Pedro Goncalves but he seems to play in multiple positions… not necessarily up front.

We need clinical finishers, more goals…

I think this is more of a need than a winger but the more quality players the better.

We do need players that can genuinely impact and elevate that first 11 and not just potential who we will need to be extra patient with… 

I really do wonder who Unai and Monchi are actually after… maybe some obscure player from South America with massive potential? 😆

No clues 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Haven’t really been/seen any links to proper strikers, no CFs (not a wide variety of quality/reliable ones it seems, in a traditional sense), or just (prolific) goalscorers… we can’t rely so heavily on Ollie…

The only old link I could think of, in relation, would be Pedro Goncalves but he seems to play in multiple positions… not necessarily up front.

We need clinical finishers, more goals…

I think this is more of a need than a winger but the more quality players the better.

We do need players that can genuinely impact and elevate that first 11 and not just potential who we will need to be extra patient with… 

I really do wonder who Unai and Monchi are actually after… maybe some obscure player from South America with massive potential? 😆

No clues 🤷‍♂️

Not necessarily...

For example we are fine with Watkins getting 15/16 in the league if we sign another player like a Dybala or Ferran Torres who get a similar return or thereabouts.

Villa are looking for the likes of Luiz, McGinn, Tielemans and Ramsey to also add goals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Not necessarily...

For example we are fine with Watkins getting 15/16 in the league if we sign another player like a Dybala or Ferran Torres who get a similar return or thereabouts.

Villa are looking for the likes of Luiz, McGinn, Tielemans and Ramsey to also add goals.

I get what you’re saying but… if Ollie gets injured, suspended or needs a rest… I think we need someone up there, a figurehead of the team like him.. rather than someone more lightweight and not completely suited to that role… plus, in the PL anyway, you need a degree of strength, resilience and workrate to play as a CF…

I don’t like the idea of having to “patch up” or “cover holes” in the team, if you get what I mean… square pegs in round holes and whatnot…

The players you’ve mentioned are more like SS or FW players, support players to the CF. I see Ferran as a bit more of a winger or wide player too and he hasn’t exactly been prolific (though he’s young and has potential) nor pulled up many trees at Barca (which gives us more of a shot at signing him). He could be great for us, I kind of expect Unai to turn every player into a star anyway! 😆

We will see… just thinking out loud… I’m sure Unai has everything planned out, I’m just intrigued and eager to get an insight into all of it 😆

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Jhon Duran

You think he’s ready?

Far from it imo, but I would love to be surprised. Although, he arguably hasn’t been given major opportunities…

I mean someone who could make an impact on the team almost immediately, not “settling for less” but actually push for and compete for a starting position. 

Just now, Jas10 said:

You think he’s ready?

Far from it imo, but I would love to be surprised. Although, he arguably hasn’t been given major opportunities…

I mean someone who could make an impact on the team almost immediately, not “settling for less” but actually push for and compete for a starting position. 

I don't know but it doesn't matter what I think. If Emery thinks he is that's good enough for me

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I don't know but it doesn't matter what I think. If Emery thinks he is that's good enough for me

Is this another dig? 🤣

No point in this forum, let alone this thread, if we’re not going to express or share our thoughts and opinions…

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Awol said:

Would you really be underwhelmed by us signing Ferran Torres? I’d back Unai to get him back to his best and then exceeding it. He was incredible last time out in the Prem, and young enough to be driven to recapture that form.

Was he incredible for city? I don’t remember it that way

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I get what you’re saying but… if Ollie gets injured, suspended or needs a rest… I think we need someone up there, a figurehead of the team like him.. rather than someone more lightweight and not completely suited to that role… plus, in the PL anyway, you need a degree of strength, resilience and workrate to play as a CF…

If [insert star player(s) of any PL team] gets injured, suspended, or needs a rest. 

Barely any team operates the kind of gold standard backup for what if hypotheticals. You can't buy expensive CF to rotate with Ollie not happening. Ollie was better after Ings left. Most obvious signing we need needs to be multi position player upgrade on Bailey 

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Is this another dig? 🤣

No point in this forum, let alone this thread, if we’re not going to express or share our thoughts and opinions…

No. I'm told why do I bother reading or posting on some threads when I give my honest opinion so don't play that card

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Was he incredible for city? I don’t remember it that way

Personally, I haven’t seen a lot of him tbh. He is highly rated - moreso for his potential imo.

Not so fair or reasonable to focus on stats for younger players (you’re looking at talent and future potential mostly) but he’s 23 now, not 19/20…

Let’s take a look at his goals and assists record:

18/19 (Valencia) - 37 apps, 3 G, 2 A 

19/20 (Valencia) - 44 apps, 6 G, 8 A

20/21 (Man City) - 36 apps, 13 G, 3 A 

21/22 (City/Barca) - 33 apps, 10 G, 7A

22/23 (Barca) - 45 apps, 7 G, 3 A

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No. I'm told why do I bother reading or posting on some threads when I give my honest opinion so don't play that card

What? 😆 I don’t play cards 😆

But you’ve just repeated the same point you and another mocked me for saying - trust in Unai.

I expected more of an explanation of your point but oh well…

You just constantly give off the impression that you don’t actually want us to sign any players… you don’t often offer much more than that… no proper opinions, no actual suggestions of which or what kind of players you would like us to sign and how they’d fit in etc.

Carry on…

Edited by Jas10