Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

55 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeremy Pino Anyone 🤔 name not mentioned here for a while but could fit into Baileys role potentially or would he not be an upgrade ??

Great player he’s young and would take some time to settle + a hefty fee £60m +.

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What’s the **** craic with Ferran Torres then. We signing him or what. 

I don’t think we will, I think some lazy journalists got the wrong Torres and it’s gone from there 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The likes of Emi Martinez, Bouba Kamara, Pau Torres, and Diego Carlos are huge names. These are players that have won things, that the whole footballing world knows, that are an indicator to the prospective targets we are a serious option. 

Whilst we don't have Champions League football yet,  we do have champions league footballers.

We also have a manager that is revered by a whole host of players, and I'm certain we can thank that angle for signing Pau Torres. 

Any target that is serious about the football, and not just the money,  will be an option for us.

I think a bigger surprise than Pau is on the cards. 

Absolutely.  We're going after high quality players now.  Asensio and Williams would be players that if any of the Sky 6 signed they would be getting plaudits by the media hype train all day, Asensio for his starting ability and the ceiling of Williams.  I'm seeing nothing but overwhelming praise by people who know football about our Torres signing, both for the class of player AND the incredibly discounted fee.  We're shopping in a very different market than we've ever been in before and now that Monchi will officially take the reins next week, I'm going to expect so see moves accelerating before our preseason trip to the USA.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The likes of Emi Martinez, Bouba Kamara, Pau Torres, and Diego Carlos are huge names. These are players that have won things, that the whole footballing world knows, that are an indicator to the prospective targets we are a serious option. 

Whilst we don't have Champions League football yet,  we do have champions league footballers.

We also have a manager that is revered by a whole host of players, and I'm certain we can thank that angle for signing Pau Torres. 

Any target that is serious about the football, and not just the money,  will be an option for us.

I think a bigger surprise than Pau is on the cards. 

Agreed, we are such an attractive proposition. It’s so exciting. If we manage to bring in a top class forward/attacker, it will be amazing…

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Zaha on a free from tonight. Anybody fancy him here?

I hate his face but there's no denying his quality.  If Unai still rates him then it's a no brainer

3 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Ferran Torres is making much more encouraging comments today about the possibility of a move. He appears impressed with Emery.

Yeah, he's basically saying he's happy at Barca, one of their players but who knows. I think there's definitely something in this.

I occasionally go on the Newcastle fan forum and I'm impressed with some of the comments that have been made recently about Villa. In the main they are decent reactions to players we have signed and are now currently linked with. A couple of comments about them not being able to match our squad depth with both PL and euro matches in mind and an acknowledgement that we are after top quality players is also interesting, as it shows a fans view from outside looking at a rival club. The fact that decent fans see us as real rivals this coming season is encouraging. If we sign Ferran Torres it will be good to see further reaction.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d say it had more legs if Alemany had come in.

I think it may be the exact opposite. Alemany staying at Barcelona means he is faced with having to cut 200 million off Barcelona"s budget this year in order to comply with La Liga's regulations. They are being monitored and have to make it happen through Sales of players and getting big wages off the books. It has to be Alemany's number one focus. His recent dealings with our owners have given him an insight into the honest and very solvent owners of AVFC. It may well be a good opportunity to deal with us over a player that they like but desperately need off their books. If Ferran is interested  it could easily happen.

Edited by villabromsgrove

45 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Zaha on a free from tonight. Anybody fancy him here?

Only as a last resort if we can't get anyone better before the window ends. I assume by that time he'll have already found another club, but he might keep his options open until the end of the window too.

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Only as a last resort if we can't get anyone better before the window ends. I assume by that time he'll have already found another club, but he might keep his options open until the end of the window too.

If we get someone better than Zaha we'll have got ourselves one hell of a player

Edited by pintpotvilla
  • Like 2

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

If we get someone better than Zaha we'll have got ourselves one hell of a player

True... perhaps I mean a better fit. Less of a disruptive reputation, younger, and more naturally suited to the right hand side

• Like 1