Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Percy saying that the focus is on adding wingernext which is interesting, mentions Barnes and Johnson as two players being looked at.

No to either of these.

Were going to get rinsed, i was hoping Monchi could bring us better value for money.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’re definitely looking at Barnes

It's gotten to a point now where I would be delighted if we signed him purely for how funny it would be.

28 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Ferran Torres on loan with an option to buy him for £25m?

Let’s hope that’s true.

Sounds a bit light tbf - rudimentary calculation would say that they'd need 38.5m euros to break even on FFP at the moment. Another season and they'd break even at that or thereabouts, but I imagine they'll want a high loan fee along with the obvious wage covering. He's on 192k euros per week apparently. 

38 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I can definitely see Zaha here by the end of the window.

Free transfer, quality player and Emery loves him.

No chance Zaha comes here…he isn’t leaving Palace unless to an elite trophy winning club or a big Saudi package.  Doubt an elite club will come in for him and I wouldn’t pay his wages to come to us that he’d want.  Better value elsewhere imo even as a free transfer…he would want a massive signing fee and massive wages.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

This (Torres) is very exciting given it wasn't  a position we necessarily needed to strengthen to this degree.  Either suggests  some kind of tactical  change/innovation or there being much more to come. 

Given what people have said about a possible weakness in the air, he may take some time to adapt, but a bit like our improvement after those games we had with Arsenal and Leicester,  sure he will come good

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No chance Zaha comes here…he isn’t leaving Palace unless to an elite trophy winning club or a big Saudi package.  Doubt an elite club will come in for him and I wouldn’t pay his wages to come to us that he’d want.  Better value elsewhere imo even as a free transfer…he would want a massive signing fee and massive wages.

Equally I can see Zaha staying at Palace, he’s recently invested in a semi pro team in Croydon with Stormzy. He’s a Croydon/South London guy through and through

• Like 2

Emery wanted to buy Zaha in 2019 at 26 years old.

We ain't signing 30 yo Zaha. He'll be wanting another player in his prime years to do the job, perhaps with some similar qualities to Zaha

Edited by HalfTimePost

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Massive no to Zaha, and you're right there is no chance he comes here.... Thankfully 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Not to say he isn’t a top signing but just a insight on his qualities 

Yeah very true.. I should have said.. it was an interesting insight.. I didn’t mean it to sound like I was dismissive of your post RicRic 

Ultimately we all wish we absolutely knew what Emery’s plan is for next season.. Certainly I’m feeling very impatient to see what happens next season

36 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

This (Torres) is very exciting given it wasn't  a position we necessarily needed to strengthen to this degree.  Either suggests  some kind of tactical  change/innovation or there being much more to come. 

Given what people have said about a possible weakness in the air, he may take some time to adapt, but a bit like our improvement after those games we had with Arsenal and Leicester,  sure he will come good

I’m hoping to see three at the back.. a 3 2 4 1.. 

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I don't get the dynamic angle with regards to Rice.  He is slow . JU would beat him by 10 yards in a 50 yard race.  He is heavily built. Will get even slower in rhe next 5 years.  A good player and a good leader no doubt. But not dynamic . 

I think he's a good ball carrier and energetic. There should be no reason for a player like him to be making 50 yard runs unless it's towards his own goal!

• Like 1