Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

There's a growing trend which we'll no doubt see every window from now on.

Clubs know how much money there is about. Numerous stories of clubs asking for £80m+ for star players. The big boys obviously come in thinking they can get them for £40m - those days are gone.

If we go for anyone over £20m, we really really need them to not be a bust. 

It’s so true. We can’t afford, without CL money, for our £20m+ signings to be poor. Buendia and Bailey have been extremely poor in relation to their price tag and wages. We can’t afford two more of those types. 

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s so true. We can’t afford, without CL money, for our £20m+ signings to be poor. Buendia and Bailey have been extremely poor in relation to their price tag and wages. We can’t afford two more of those types. 

Buendia and Bailey are both improving and I think you will see better performances next season. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Buendia and Bailey are both improving and I think you will see better performances next season. 

They’re really not. Baileys best performance in a villa shirt was his first game. Buendia has been consistently meh to poor. Both aren’t good enough for us. 

Stories he's going to Madrid but I wonder if we're having a look at David Soria on a free as a back-up from Getafe.

Played under Emery at Sevilla. Decent keeper, obviously much better than Olsen.

If you come and play every cup game I would imagine (hope) that's at least 10 games, could be 20. You're not coming with no chance.

Unfortunately I imagine we'll need someone to take Olsen before we could get another senior keeper in.

That really was one of the stupidest signings I've ever seen us make.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Never heard of him. Could be Mitoma or Minamino 🤷‍♂️

Good technically, knows where the goal is and can create too. He’s not on par with Mitomo (yet) but he is definitely a very, very good player in his own right.

Probably too much of a gamble for us but if we’re looking for a cheaper left option for a 433 then he’d be a decent pick up  

I have to admit I like the look of Marin Ljubicic as well at LASK.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

They’re not poor, couldn’ve been better? Yea. Above their prices? Probably. But definitely not poor, and if they were part of the squad this season then i it would mean we’ve done well replacing them. The fact that we’re trying to upgrade massively on them shows what level we’re looking at. 

The simplest way I always put it is.

Minus the points they ( Buendia and Bailey ) have contributed over to our overall season, and get back to me.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Minus the points they ( Buendia and Bailey ) have contributed over to our overall season, and get back to me.

And what did we do with the £70m we "didn't" spend? What if we signed Sulemana and Olise for the £20m they went for when we splurged.

We'd have won more points and finished top 4 last year with those two. Because we'd also have had £50m left hanging around and we could have signed a decent back-up striker.

Possibilities, possibilities.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Shocked 1

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I watched Buendia closely in the second half of the season as a bit of negativity built, I hink Buendia suffers at this level due to his diminutive size. He is talented and brave, but the press and duels means even when he wins them he is so out of shape and compromised his onward play is sloppy. Being brutally honest, we expect the highs we get at that price, but really expected more and for him to kick on and make the shirt his.

I don’t think we can only critique his justification by the points as suggested, more can we improve our return with someone else, and I think we could, and I hope we do. He is some one I hope we keep in the squad though.

For me Bailey has stagnated and maybe tries too hard because he knows he is better than he shows, I actually think he has regressed as the season went on. 

We have a talented squad, it’s just expectations are now much higher.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’re really not. Baileys best performance in a villa shirt was his first game. Buendia has been consistently meh to poor. Both aren’t good enough for us. 

Tbf to Bailey he crocked himself in that game which really isn't his fault. 

• Like 1

If we are looking at Nakamura from LASK, I’d hope we have looked at a few from Salzburg if we have been scouting in Austria, as Kameri, Solet and Gloukh, all look good players, with Solet the oldest out of them at 23

Pace frightens the opposition. I noticed a few managers last season say in their pre match press conferences that they were wary of Bailey's pace. Signing Williams would potentially give us a 90 minute pace threat on one or both wings depending on how Emery chooses to use Bailey and Williams.

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

And what did we do with the £70m we "didn't" spend? What if we signed Sulemana and Olise for the £20m they went for when we splurged.

We'd have won more points and finished top 4 last year with those two. Because we'd also have had £50m left hanging around and we could have signed a decent back-up striker.

Possibilities, possibilities.

A goal every 496 minute's in premier League last season , playing a second forward, Bailey is clearly clinical 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

If we are looking at Nakamura from LASK, I’d hope we have looked at a few from Salzburg if we have been scouting in Austria, as Kameri, Solet and Gloukh, all look good players, with Solet the oldest out of them at 23

The King of Strong Style?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bailey and Buendia are garbage. We need better. Both have been a waste of money. 

bailey has been a poor signing, Buendia has got better under Emery and definitely has a place in the squad for next season.