Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

11 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He only played 1608 minutes of football last season (just under 18 games' worth) tbf. 

Being a winger is definitely far more explosive than being a CB IMO. 

Missed 7 games through injury. we were discussing his injury record. Why he only played 18 games isn't explained through injury alone.

25 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Missed 7 games through injury. we were discussing his injury record. Why he only played 18 games isn't explained through injury alone.

Which only adds to the concerns over him, does it not? 

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Nicolas Jackson is more of a no9, they aren’t comparable really . 

He might have ended up that at the end of the season but he definitely played in that Emery second striker/winger role at the start plenty. We saw Bailey given that job many times. I think the boss like having some wheels in that position.

I think if we sign him or Nico, that's the role we'll see them in the most.

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That doesn't make any sense to me tbh. Why do you think so?

Because I don't think he's as simple as putting him in the Buendia role, I think he's kind of a 9.5, not a 9 not a 10 and you need to scheme him in, no doubt we could but we'd need to fit players around him rather than fit him straight in to how we already play

41 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Which only adds to the concerns over him, does it not? 

Like I said, the depression, games played, all leads to me believing his confidence is shot. He needs rebuilding mentally more than anything also suggests the knee isn't back to 100%. 

If Emery feels he can get him back to his best, I'd support it. But otherwise I'd stear clear. He shouldn't cost much, and he has shown plenty of abilty in the past, so could be worth a go if Emery wants to give him a chance.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Great stuff so can make city newcastle and co even stronger with their unlimited wealth 

It stinks

Means the top clubs can easily sign youngsters that they have no real intention of playing but have more chance of flipping for a profit

Or in theory it opens up european markets that after brexit were closed, been said before that we couldn't sign young scandanavians for example

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Phew we got lucky if it wasnt bullshit. Roma thinking he is so shit they were willing to take a 10 million loss on him

Ings outscored him last season

Have to say he looked a poor prospect in the Europa Final, Watkins is far better and we are looking to improve on what we’ve got.

Word up if Arsenal sign Haverts then Smith Rowe might become available, if can get him injury free and on form is a very good player, and could play Buendia role or on left.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Word up if Arsenal sign Haverts then Smith Rowe might become available, if can get him injury free and on form is a very good player, and could play Buendia role or on left.

Like him a lot, one of the big surprises was his disappearance last season after looking red hot the season before

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Wait a minute, I thought foreigners were bad and that we needed total control of our borders to stop all the foreigns raping and taking our jobs and breathing our air and stuff? So are rich footballer foreigns not rapey?

I actually voted leave to open our borders to the world and not have it restricted to just EU countries. Something which is now happening.

Bet the racists never saw that coming!!

Back on topic this sounds like a good thing for football. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1